Going Nowhere in a Real Big Hurry

Author's Note: So, this chapter has a little bit of an inside joke for Buffy/Angel fans. Or at least there's a fun reference. I'm curious to know if anyone spots it.

Tara's POV

God, I love this feeling, to feel completely comfortable in my own skin. I never had this feeling until I met Willow. I was so lonely before I met her. I felt empty and unsure of myself ALL the time, but she changed all that. She makes me feel like I have a reason to live.

I roll over on my back and stretch out on the bed.

I'm suddenly struck with the lack of warmth on the other side of the bed.

I sit up slightly and look around.

Did she leave without telling me? Well I guess the fact that she isn't here sorta answers that question.

I sit up a little more and the pillow crackles.

Wait a minute... pillows don't crackle.

I look down at my hand and there's a piece of paper under it. I pick it up and look at it.

It's a note... from Willow.

"Tara,

I'm sorry I didn't wake you but you just looked so incredibly peaceful lying there I figured it would be a crime to wake you..."

She's so sweet...

"I think I found something important about what's going on and I needed to talk to Giles right away. I'll be back later but if you want to join us, feel free.

All my love,

Willow"

I fold the note and put it on the nightstand.

Should I go over there? Willow told me where Mr. Giles lives but I've never actually been there and I haven't really met any of Willow's friends besides Buffy. It might be kinda awkward. I might be able to help. I should go.

I get out of bed.

Xander's POV

And the scroll says '... there will be no birth, only death...'

I close the book.

This is getting us nowhere.

"Giles we're not getting any closer. We've checked just about every vampire cult on record and come up with nothing."

"You're right... we have to regroup. What do we know?"

"Big vampire cult types who have a fetish for slayers blood and a need to stop something called 'Two into one' which we're only assuming is some sort of prophecy thing, and a vampire slayer with no memory and a need to kill."

"Of course..."

Of course... what does he mean of course?

"Hun?"

"We've been so busy trying to find a connection between the cult and this prophecy thing that we forgot to consider the other connection."

"What connection?"

I'm obviously missing something.

"The slayer connection... we forgot to research any slayer prophecies. Xander, help me look for The Codex. Hopefully the Watcher's Council didn't take it with them when they left."

"Or we could just go looking for the Book of Karameth."

I turn around and Willow's standing in the door.

What's the Book of Karameth?