Whatever It Takes

Faith's POV

What the heck am I doing? Why the hell am I still here?

I'm still sitting here in this chair, hands tied behind my back, waiting for B's friends to get here so she can find out how wrong she was.

But that's not why I'm here, not really. She already knows she screwed up, that's not why I'm still here. I could get out of these ropes any time I want, but I'm not. I want her to do it.

I look around the room. Xander and Giles are sitting in the living room with the furniture all around me. I'm facing toward the kitchen, Giles sitting in a chair to my left, Xander sitting on the couch to my right.

I want her to do it in front of her friends and those Watcher boys. I want everyone she cares about to see what a colossal mistake she made just so she knows that all her friends know.

I watch Buffy standing in the other room talking to the Watchers. She looks upset.

Good. She is gonna be even more upset cause the second she unties me I'm out of here.

Willow comes in without Tara.

Interesting...

Buffy comes in to see Willow.

"Where's Tara?"

"She said she was tired but she would do a little more research before she went to bed."

"Oh, okay."

Buffy seems disappointed, she was probably hoping Tara could help her win me back and all that crap. Good luck bitch.

"Well, um, we should... we should start the meeting."

She watches as the two Watchers come into the room.

"Okay Will, if you sit down we'll go ahead."

Willow moves to sit down next to Xander. Xander speaks up.

"Go ahead with what exactly?"

"These two Giles wanna-bes here are Watchers, in case you didn't already figure that out. They came because they heard about the murders and the council asked them to investigate."

Oh good, more people who just naturally assumed I was guilty without proof. Worst of all they're British people.

"And they found something?"

"Yeah they did."

"We were able to determine with a negligible margin for error that a demon was directly responsible for the young girls' deaths."

"A demon? Meaning it wasn't Faith."

"Yes Willow, contrary to popular belief, I'm not actually a demon."

She looks at the floor, conceding. Xander on the other hand doesn't.

"But what about Riley? I mean, Giles said you found him lying dead on the floor with Faith's knife next to him."

"We have made a thorough examination of the knife and we were able to get to the body before the police arrived. She was not involved in the murder."

"In point of fact we believe Faith may have been attempting to save Mr. Finn's life."

"Thank god someone finally said it. People tend not to believe me when I say things like that."

I stare at Buffy coldly with those last few words.