One Night in the Name of Love

Buffy's POV

I did the right thing didn't I?

I walk into my dorm room, closing the door behind me.

I mean I know I hurt Riley but it's for the best. If Faith and I are going to have any kind of a chance, I can't have my relationship with Riley looming over our heads.

I take off my jacket and throw it over the computer chair at my desk.

Of course, whether Riley and I are broken up or not won't matter at all unless I can make things right with Faith.

I throw myself face first on to the bed.

But how do I do that?

I prop myself up on my elbows and bury my face in my hands.

How do I convince her that what we have is real and passionate without her turning it into some evil plan?

I move my hands to pull my hair back and let my head drop into the pillow.

I can't... she's not going to believe in us unless she wants to. And with our last conversation I don't see her believing in us anytime soon. There's no telling what will happen when the spell comes off, which means I have until the spell comes off to convince her that she loves me.

I roll over on to my back, pushing my hair out of my face as I do.

Unless Willow finds a way to break the spell tonight and we have it all ready for tomorrow. I'm screwed if that happens. God Faith, I wish you were here.

All of the sudden there's a knock at the door. I sit up in bed and look to the door.

No... it couldn't be, could it? Oh god please let it be her.

I take a deep breath.

Okay Buffy there's only one way to find out.

I get up off the bed and fix my clothes and make up as best I can in case it is her and run my hands through my hair once as I move to the door. I open it and my heart jumps.

"Faith..."

I take a step back.

"W... what are you..."

She comes at me and I'm still in shock. She grabs me and kisses me deeply.

"It hurts Buffy... it hurts so much..."

She kisses me between phrases.

Is she hurt? Is she bleeding?

"Faith... Faith what's wrong? Did you... did you... did you go... go slaying? Did you, did something...?"

"No Buffy the... the thought... the thought of... of losing you it... it hurts, it hurts so much."

"Faith you... you're not going to... to lose me... no matter... no matter what."

She pulls me to her, grabbing at me in a desperate attempt to feel... something.

"You don't know that... you, you can't know that... the things I've said..."

"It's all right F... Faith... I forgive... you... as long as we end up together then all is forgiven... as long as we love... each other then we'll work through it..."

"But... but what if... what if we can't, I mean... the spell... the spell it..."

I put my hand against her cheeks.