Uncomfortable Lack of Silence

Faith's POV

I'm standing in front of Buffy again. No, I don't want to do this again.

She throws those same three punches again and I dodge them easily. I duck and take her legs out from under her. I climb on top of her and manage to pin her arms down above her head with one hand. I run a finger from my other hand down her body and she squirms under me as I do. I lean into her. She starts breathing faster and I feel kinda wet between my thighs as I do.

I can't do this. I don't want to hurt her.

I lean into her just a little bit more.

What's that? There's something on her neck. I take a closer look.

"Is that where it happened?"

It's some kind of bite.

"Where what happened?"

I have this weird desire in me. I'm not sure what kinda urge but it's definitely a weird one.

I lick the healed wound on her neck. I feel my hands wrap around her neck, she squirms under my tongue. I sit up slightly and I feel my weight on her neck.

"Is that where I bit you? Let's see if I can make it more permanent."

I put more weight on her neck but she seems unaffected. She just looks up at me and smiles.

What the hell is up?

She squirms under me but in a good way, which doesn't seem like a good thing, considering. I put my hand on her forehead and start moving her head around in a circle. She just smiles at me. I snap her neck.

Whoa!

I wake up in a hospital bed.

What the hell is happening with me?

I look around.

Buffy's leaving?

I grab her wrist and she stops. She turns around and looks down at me.

What's wrong? She looks freaked out.

"Buffy?"

She's just staring at me. It's starting to get freaky. There's been this tension between us ever since we met... okay, since I met her, she already knew me from the first time we met except I don't remember it. But this is different... it's like the tension just got 20 times worse.

"Buffy, is everything okay?"

"Okay? Yeah, uh, no, uh..."

I let go of her hand and she sits back down in the chair.

"It depends on what you mean by okay."

I sit up in the bed.

"Isn't there just the one definition? But then I may just have forgotten the other one, what with my memory and all."

She forces herself to laugh.

Something is definitely wrong.

"What's wrong?"

"What? N-nothing... nothing's wrong. Why would anything be wrong?"

Hmm, let me think.

"You just seem kinda nervous is all?"

I reach for her and she sits back in her chair, just out of arm's reach.

Whoa! What did I do?