Revelations You'd Rather Not Revel In

Buffy's POV

I'm the trigger... it's my fault.

I'm walking across campus to Tara's dorm, if I can remember where Willow said it was.

Whoever did this to her, did it because they figured Faith would be able to get to me and probably had the power to kill me. It's my fault, and it's more than just because I put her in that coma. Putting her in that coma was only the start. It gave whoever did this to Faith a chance to get to me. They were trying to hurt me and Faith got  used as a pawn in their game. They probably strapped her down and did all sorts of terrible experiments on her. They must've injected her with all sorts of drugs and it's my fault.

I turn a corner and I see Tara's dorm. I walk up to it and go inside.

How am I gonna tell Faith I'm the reason she's going berserk? It was hard enough telling her how I put her in a coma, how can I tell her that she has no control over wanting to kill me?

I start walking down the hall to Tara's room, where I figure Willow is.

Maybe I shouldn't tell Faith anything at all. Maybe I should just stay away from her all together. Giles could take her in and help her train and get that formula thing out of her system. If I'm the trigger, he shouldn't have any problems with her. He would be safe with her.

Also, with these weird dreams I keep having, they kinda leave me all hot and bothered and after what happened last night when I had that dream... I don't wanna give Faith a reason to go berserk and try and kill me by giving her mixed signals or something. There's no telling what will happen when the next dream happens. Is Faith having them too? Her dreams certainly don't seem to be the same with the way she's reacting. But we have no idea how or why these dreams are happening. What if they change? That could really be a problem if she starts having the same ones I am. What am I gonna do?

I reach Tara's dorm room and knock on the door, a few seconds later Tara opens the door.

"Hi Buffy..."

"Hi Tara, do you mind if I come in?"

She steps out of the way and I walk through the door.

"Sure, come in. Willow's in the shower."

"Oh I see, so if Willow wasn't in the shower you wouldn't let me in?"

"No that's... that's not what I meant to... I-I'm sorry if I offended you I... I didn't mean..."

I chuckle at her as she closes the door.

I think I'm gonna like getting to know Tara. She reminds me of when I first met Willow, very uptight and kinda weird. I guess that's why Willow likes her so much.

"It's okay. I'm just joking with ya. I'm really sorry to make you put her up like this."

"It-It's okay, I l-love her and I feel better knowing she's here."

I still feel bad.

"It was just... Faith needed a place to stay and... I didn't know who else she would be safe with."

"It's okay, I understand... but I just wonder..."

She starts playing with her hair and gets all nervous.

She wonders?

"What? What do you wonder about?"

Yeah she definitely reminds me of Willow.