The Fight

Faith's POV

Who the hell are these guys?

I look at Angel and Wesley on either side of me.

They seem to be asking themselves the same questions I am. Well at least I'm not the only one who's clueless anymore, feels good and disturbing at the same time.

"Hey, do you know these guys?"

Both of them shake their heads. Cordelia puts her two cents in.

"They don't look all that friendly."

Well gee, what gave it away?

"Two into one must end here."

Two into one? What the hell is up with that?

"What are you talking about?"

"Take them..."

Talkative bunch aren't they?

"None of them are to leave here alive."

I see they majored in homicide in school.

Suddenly their faces change.

"Holy crap, what the hell are they?"

"Vampires Faith, evil vampires..."

They start to rush us.

Oh crap what do I do? These are big evil demons. Just because they say I'm this slayer person doesn't make me a master fighter. I-I don't know what I'm doing let alone knowing how to kill them.

"What do we do?"

The first of them comes up and attacks Angel. I move back a few steps behind Angel and Wesley. They try and hold off the first couple of vampires.

"Cordelia... a little help please?"

I look over and Cordelia is rummaging through a desk drawer.

"I know, I know I'm working on it."

She grabs a wooden stake out of her desk and throws it to Angel who catches it, staking a vamp seconds later.

"Cordelia, protect Faith."

"What? Protect a slayer? Are you kidding me? She should be protecting..."

"Cordy!"

"All right fine... Cordy help us fight, Cordy help us protect a psychopath from a bunch of other psychopaths. Why don't I just do everything?"

She gets punched in the face, knocking her down. The vamp that attacked her turns and faces me.

Oh fuck, what can I do now? I'm not a warrior, I-I can't protect myself.

He starts walking towards me and my only impulse is to back step.

"Faith, fight back!"

I can't, I-I don't have what it takes to be this slayer person they were talking about.

I back myself into the wall and he just keeps coming. I take a swing at him but miss easily. He responds with a quick jab.

Ow!

I grab my eye. He hits me with a right cross and it knocks me to the floor. He gets on top of me and pulls his hand back, suddenly dropping it on my face. I try and fight him off but he starts punching me in the stomach and I can't breathe.