The History of Omega

Buffy's POV

She's still really freaked out. She says she's over it but I keep getting this feeling like part of it still bugs her.

We're walking down the street toward Giles' after his call asked us to come by and I can feel the tension in her.

It must've been one hell of a dream to freak her out this much. I would've thought last night would've eased the tension, the way we went at it. But then she had that dream and things changed. Faith isn't the type to freak out like that. Even when she killed the deputy mayor she didn't freak out, not in the traditional sense. But this is different.

This time she went insane and freaked out and all that.

I squeeze her hand in mine and she smiles a worried smile at me.

Maybe this is my fault. Maybe since falling in love with me she freaks out at anything that might threaten that love. She did tell me she's never loved anyone like me before. Hell, she told me she's never loved anyone at all. It only stands to reason she's worried that she'll lose me. That she might do something to hurt me... or worse.

We make our way up the steps to Giles'.

But I'm not going anywhere, not if I can help it.

We get to the top of the stairs and I stop her.

"Faith?"

"What is it?"

"I want you to know that everything is gonna be okay."

She takes a deep breath.

"I know."

She moves to go inside but again I stop her.

"I'm not going anywhere Faith. It doesn't matter what Giles says or some stupid prophecy says or even a dream you had. We love each other and we're together and that's never gonna change."

I put my arms around her and kiss her, softly but passionately.

"I won't let anyone stop us from being together. I love you Faith."

"I know B, I know."

She doesn't seem convinced.

"Can we go in now?"

Obviously I can't convince her just now.

We turn and go inside.

Let's hope Giles has some good news to perk her up.

"So, how are my favorite little Scooby pals? And Spike..."

She's being all grown up and pretending everything's okay. But I know better.

"We're quite well... all things considered."

We walk into the living room and sit down together.

Considered?

"And what is it we're considering? Did we find something in the Book of Karameth?"

Spike tries to force appreciation out of us.

"You're welcome."

Faith and I have the same thought on the subject.

"Shut up Spike."

We smile at each other.

"So let's get down to business. What do we know?"

"Buffy perhaps we should..."