Shock

Buffy's POV

"What did you do?"

She stands up and looks at me.

What... what has she done?

She looks down at Riley and then at the blood on her hands, she panics.

"B-Buffy this is... this isn't..."

"What did you do to him?"

I rush to his side to help him and Faith backs off.

"Riley... Riley speak to me."

He's not breathing.

"Oh god Riley speak to me..."

"Buffy he's..."

"SHUT UP!"

I can't believe she did this.

I feel for a pulse.

I can't feel it, there's no pulse. He's gone, he's dead. Riley's gone and I never got a chance to say goodbye. It shouldn't have happened. He shouldn't have died this way. I should've been able to save him. He deserved better than this. But she didn't think so. She killed him without a second thought.

I look down at the stab wounds on his chest and see the knife.

That knife... that, that's her knife. How could she do this to him? How could she do this to me? After everything we've been through, everything we've shared, she still killed someone close to me. She MURDERED someone I CARE about. How could she?

I stand up, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"How? How could you?"

"Buffy I..."

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?"

"I didn't Buffy, I swear."

Yeah right.

I bend down and pick the knife up next to Riley.

"Then how do you explain this?"

I start towards her and every step I take makes her back up.

"I-I... I don't know I... I don't know."

"Is that the best you could do? What happened to all your witty come backs Faith? How about 'he got what he deserved' eh? How's that?"

"Buffy, please, you gotta believe me. I didn't kill him."

Believe her?

"BELIEVE YOU? Like I believed you when you said you didn't kill those girls? Like I believed you when you told me you had feelings for me? FUCK YOU FAITH!"

She starts to cry.

"Please Buffy don't... don't say these... don't do this."

No... no, I'm not going to get taken in because of my feelings.

"Do what? Tell the truth? You're not the kind of person who falls in love, you told me that yourself. How I ever thought you could ever have feelings for me is beyond me."

"Buffy I-I-I know I s-said that but I... I do care about..."

"Don't Faith... don't lie to me anymore. Just don't Faith. I'll make sure you go down for this, even if I have to do it myself."

I take a swing at her and she doesn't even block it as it connects with her face.

Why isn't she fighting back?