Putting Your Faith in the Wrong Person

John's POV

"This is the only way we can get help right now to make sure 'Two into one' doesn't come to pass. The boss said he's reserving the troops in case the rest of the prophecy comes to pass."

I hate these caves. Why can't evil villains find a less gloomy place to set up shop?

"I know but... it doesn't sound like he trusts that we can stop 'Two into one'?"

I stop and turn to Dave and grab him by the collar.

"Whether he thinks we will succeed or not changes nothing. You know as well as I do that if the prophecy is to be fulfilled it's not only the boss who'll be destroyed, he'll simply be the first on the chopping block. All demons everywhere will be at risk..."

I let go of Dave and start walking through these damn caves again, he follows close behind.

"Even The First and its non-corporeal ass are at risk..."

"I know but we can't trust this guy any more than we can trust the slayers NOT to slay vampires. He's got his own agenda. You know that."

"Yeah well if all else fails we'll get rid of him so he doesn't get in the way when we finally decide to go ahead and destroy the world."

"True."

"Okay quit it... we can't let him know we're coming, it ruins the whole 'coming out of nowhere' thing."

We start walking into the cavern pocket and he's sitting at the computers, monitoring the initiative from his little hidey hole.

"Adam..."

"I heard you coming a mile away."

I punch Dave in the face and it floors him.

"I told you we should've been quieter."

"Why have you come?"

"We've come to talk about the slayer. We understand she is a problem for you."

"The slayer is not a problem. It is true she has eluded my killing her on several occasions however she is not a problem."

Oh trust me, she IS a problem.

"The slayer is going to find a way to destroy you, it's what she does."

"It is true that the slayer is resourceful but it is only a matter of time before she can't run anymore and I kill her."

They are gonna kill this loser so bad, stupid egomaniac.

"So I suppose you have all the information available on slayers then?"

"I have enough."

"Oh really, so then I guess that information has told you that there are two slayers in this town?"

"Two of them?"

He gets up and turns to face me.

"Yes there are two slayers here."

I start walking in a circle around him.

"That does not compute with my information about slayers. There can only be another slayer when the old slayer dies. There can not be two."

"Then your information is inaccurate because there are two."

"How is this possible?"

"The slayer you know... Buffy Summers, she was in a fight with a very powerful vampire in which she was killed."