Answering Questions

Faith's POV

"No it's cool. I'll be back in a second. Just hold our table okay?"

Um, sure, I guess.

"Okay."

She leaves the table and goes into the crowd and I lose sight of her.

She was kinda distracted, almost like she had something else on her mind. I hope our ice cream shop talk didn't make her feel uncomfortable being around me. We admitted how we feel about each other, that's a good thing right? She's right though... about it being a bad idea for us to get involved what with my lack of memory and all.

But I don't know how long I can do it. The way she looks at me when she smiles, or laughs, it makes me weak in the knees. I don't know how long I can go without wanting to grab her and make out with her. We're spending all this time together, plus I bet these life and death situations we keep getting into can't be helping.

I take a sip of this drink I keep nursing.

I don't exactly know what it is except that it's alcohol and it tastes pretty good.

I look around at the crowd, Buffy's nowhere in sight.

She's been gone a few minutes. I hope everything's okay.

I get up to see if I can get a better look of the crowd. I think I see her talking to someone but I'm not sure. I move away from the table and I catch a glimpse of her.

Who's she talking to? I should go find out.

I start walking toward Buffy. She stops near the stairs.

What is she doing?

I get closer to her.

Oh god, what is she doing? She's, she's kissing... she's kissing him.

I drop my drink and it breaks on the floor

I drop my drink and it breaks on the floor. Buffy stops kissing Spike and looks over at me.

I... I can't... she didn't... she wouldn't...

"F-Faith..."

I... I should go...

I turn around and head for the door.

"FAITH! WAIT!"

I don't stop as I head out the door but I don't get far. Someone grabs me and turns me around.

I can't believe she kissed him.

"Faith wait, let me explain."

Explain? What's there to explain?

"You don't have to explain anything, it's okay."

Keep telling yourself that, just keep telling yourself that.