New Boss

Arohi returned from office in the evening. She found Arjun had already prepared the dinner for them.

" Arohi... Look I can't cook but I have tried my best. Go and change. I'll prepare your plate. "

" Why? Have mixed poison in it? "

" Why would I do that? "

" Anyways. I have had my dinner with my friends. You should have asked me before taking the efforts. But you have yours. Good night. "

In the middle of the night she woke up and went to check him outside. He was tossing and turning on the couch. It's because he never slept anywhere else than his usual kind of king size beds. She checked the food to find it as it was.

" He slept empty stomach. Even I'm feeling hungry. Should I call him? No. I shouldn't show my kindness to him anymore. Let him suffer. "

She had her plate of dinner and and threw the rest in the dustbin. She covered him with blanket before going to sleep.

Next morning, Arohi entered the kitchen to find Arjun making coffee for himself. He was scrunching his nose and his eyes looked swollen.

" Arjun. Are you fine? Move I'll do it. "

" It's almost done. "

Her friend called her.

" Arohi... When are you leaving for office today? "

" I think I can't. My husband... "

" Your husband? Didn't you say you're divorced already. "

" I thought I was. But. I don't know what's happening in my life. I will call you later. "

She hung up the call.

" What should I do? Stay here and look after him? No.. no.. He doesn't deserve my care and attention. "

She got ready and started to leave. He covered himself with blanket and slept on the couch.

Before leaving she looked back at him. She remembered how he took her care when she fell sick. Then again she recalled his betrayal. She left for the office. Arjun got a call from his friend.

" Hello, did you find the details? "

" Yes but why are you sounding weak. Are you okay? "

" I am fine. Please proceed. "

" It's J&M tech company. That's run by Sunita Sharma. "

" If a lady is boss she won't be paying good to her employees and make them work double. And my lady is another dumb. "
" Arjun...Hahaaa.. Please... You will never change. Why always negative about girls. By the way you're right. Arohi is being paid half of what she deserves. "

" See.. I told you. Ok you send me other details in an hour. I will see what I can do. "

After few days,

" What is the purpose of this ceremony? " Arohi asked.

" Some important announcement is pending it seems. I have heard a company has acquired stake it our company. Let's wait. "

" Recently there were many changes in the company no? First they cut our working hours then increased our salary. How come our thrifty boss became this generous? "

They laughed.

Her boss came on mike to make an announcement.

" First of all have a nice day. I have a great news for you all. A reputed company has bought 51.11% stake in our company. It's none other that Singhania Group of companies. And here is your new boss. "

Arohi felt like falling down when her friend hold her. It was Arjun arriving on the stage.

" Are we seriously gonna get that handsome boss. I was tired of seeing that plumpy old lady everyday. Now I am unhappy with the reducing of our working hours. "

" Would you people stop? What is so charming about him? He looks average just like other guys. Stop eyeing him. "

" What? "

" I mean. Why are you eyeing him? I don't find him that good looking. He looks okay. I mean, look at his beard. Not less than an animal. "

" What are saying? We are finding him cute and we will look at him. Why are you boiling? "

" I'm not..okay? Fine... Do whatever you want. "

" Hey! He's my ex- boyfriend... "

The voice came from their side. They looked sideways to find the owner of the voice.

" Her ex boyfriend? "

THANK YOU ♡