I Could Have

Arohi entered her room and dropped herself on the bed bursting into tears.

" Why Arjun why? Why are you doing this to me? When I finally convinced myself that we aren't meant to be, you started torturing me like that. "

She wiped her tears with the sound of her phone ring. It was Arjun. She got scared with the name itself and disconnected the call. She composed herself and leaned on the bedpost. Again he called her. She was scared. She disconnected it again. He texted her.

" Pick my call. Else I'll be in your room the next moment. After that you know what I can do. "

She picked the call immediately.

" What are you doing? Didn't I tell you leave immediately? Whom are you waiting for? Akhil or Riya to stop you? "

" I...I.. was just leaving. "

" Just get lost from my life. "

She ended the call and washed her face. Just when she came out of the washroom she heard a knock on her door. She was scared open it.

Somehow gathering courage she opened it and found Akhil and Riya on the door.

" Arohi? Where were you? We were panicked. " Akhil asked.

" I.. I... was just in the medical store. "

" Are you fine? You could have informed us? " asked Riya anxiously.

" I... I... "

" Anyways. We have missed the flight. We have to book the next one. "

" No. No need. You guys are not going anywhere for the next month. "

" Why Riya? "

" Dad called me. He's planning to get Arjun and me married by this month. "

Arohi's eyes moistened but she succeeded to hold tears in front of them.

" Really? That's a good news. " Akhil said.

" But we need confirmation from Arjun once. I know he won't disagree. "

" Okay. So we are going next month only. Is that okay for you Arohi? "

" No sorry. I need to go urgently and I can go by myself. "

" Come on Arohi. I won't let you go like this. Your brother is not well right. I'll make arrangements for someone to be there. Now don't refuse. "

" Riya but. "

" No buts... I don't know. I'm not leaving you here either. You are very much capable of running away without informing. Come with me. I need you to assist me in my preparations. You're experienced no? "

Akhil looked at her with widened eyes when Riya realised her words.

" I meant. You know everything related to this. I'm sorry if I have hurt you. "

" No it's not like that. "

" Now come with me. "

Arohi tried to refuse but Riya didn't give her a chance.

As she entered the house she found Arjun staring at her scornfully with disbelief. She lowered her lashes to avoid his gaze. She didn't knew what will be the consequences now.

" Arjun. I'm waiting for your reply. Are you okay with it. " Riya's Dad asked.

" Dad. I have a problem. I don't want to marry by this month. I want everything to be completed by this week itself. "

" Arjun but how can we make all the arrangements in such a short notice? "

" I'll take care of everything. I just need your approval. " Arjun asked looking at Arohi from the corner of his eyes.

" I'm fine with it. Ask Riya about it. "

" I'm always ready. "

" Okay fine then. Get ready.  There's a lot of arrangements to be made. "

" Yup. "

After some time of discussing  everyone left. Arjun walked to Arohi.

" You didn't listen no? Fine. Be a part of my wedding and see us getting united in front of your eyes. "

She walked away without replying him.

She entered washroom and opened her shirt. She looked at her reflexion on the mirror and the red marks on her neck caught her attention. She recalled the incident few moments back.

" I never thought a beautiful feeling like love can be so painful. Is it for everyone or only in my case. " she thought with tears flowing from her eyes profusely.

Arjun locked himself in his room to avoid everyone. He was emptying the beer bottle in one go lost in her thoughts.

" Why you had to come back? I could have forgotten you. "

He giggled.

" May be. May be not... No I could not. "

Sholly for late update.