Truth

" Dad.... "

He fell on his knees while his helpers tried to hold him and console him. His Dad's lifeless body was lying in front of him. The person whom he loved the most from his childhood, whom he considered his role model and for whom he could go to any extent was no more. He crawled to him and held him crying louder.

" Dad... Please open your eyes. Don't leave me alone. You are my only support. What should I do without you? How would I lead my life without you? I love you Dad... Please come back... "

" Arjun Sir... Try to control yourself. "

Arjun embraced him tightly and continued crying.
__________________________

" Avantika... Let's go. "

" Where di? "

" To the police.... "

" No..No di... "

" Listen... I know. It's tough for a girl and it's even more difficult to go against the Singhanias. But we can at least fight. Let's go... "

" But di... "

" No buts. I said you are coming. Change your clothes and come with me. "

" So listen to me... Even I'm not going anywhere. "

" Why? Why can't you go? Any girl gone through this incident would want justice and you are refusing to fight? "

" Di... It's not like that... "

" Avantika.. Are you lying? "

" No...no..di... Why do you think I would be lying in such matter. "

" Then come with me. I'm waiting for you. "

" Oh no di... You hell bent for justice. When I don't want it, why are you being so feminist. Just let it go. "

" Let it go? What are you saying? If it had happened with any other girl she would never have said that. I doubt you Avantika. "

" You doubt me no? Fine... I'm saying all were false... Do whatever you can do. "

" Avantika... Are you kidding? "

" That's upto you to figure out now... Bye.. "

____________________________

Arohi was totally shocked and confused. She wasn't able to understand what to do.

" I hope I haven't done anything wrong. Can she lie? How can a girl lie like this? "

She picked her phone and stared at Arjun and her photo. Her lips curved into a . She went to the dial list and looked at his no. for at least a minute.

" Should I call him? Hmmm... I can...He's my husband after all. I can call him. "

She hit the call button and waited for him to pick up. It kept on ringing. But no response came.

" Huhhh... Avoiding me.. "

_____________________________

Arohi entered Avantika's room to call her for lunch, but she wasn't there. She was going to leave when she noticed that her room was in a messed up condition. She shook her head and went to clear the mess. She picked the books and went to keep it on shelf when few newspaper cuttings fell on the floor.

She picked them to get an another shock of the day. It was Arjun's articles from newspapers and magazines.

" What's all this? Ummm... May be not recent. May be from the time they were... "

She checked the dates to see it was just a day before. She breathed unevenly.

Arohi went to the bed and checked more stuffs to find Arjun's belongings. His watches, shaving kit and even handkerchiefs.

" Disgusting! " was the only word she could mutter.

She emptied Avantika's bag to find all his photographs and other things.

She held her head and sat on the bed.

" Di... " Avantika called as she entered the room timidly.

Arohi went near her and slapped her hard on face.

" Diiii.... " she shouted on the top of her voice.

" Shut up! What's all this? What's my husband's pictures and things doing in your room? Shameless. "

" I don't owe you any explanation. Do you get that? "

Just then her father and brother came running.

" What's wrong with you? Why are you shouting now? " her dad snapped at her.

" What's going on Arohi? " his brother asked.

" Ask you sister what she has done. "

They stared at Avantika unbelievably while Arohi narrated them everything.
___________________________

In the evening...Avantika was thrown out of her house. Arohi was trying Arjun's no.

" Bro... I'm going to Arjun. He's not picking my calls. I'm getting worried. "

" Don't go there Arohi. "

" Why? "

" Arjun will finish you. Don't go. "

" What do you mean? I'm not getting you. "

" See the news... "

Ajay showed her the phone. She moved two steps back and hit the wall on getting the news.

" Bro... He needs me. And you're asking me to not go there? "

" Because he will hate you now... Don't go. He might harm you. "

" Please let me go. If I don't go now he'll never talk to me again. Please... "

" I'll come with you... "

Suddenly she gets a call from Arjun.

" He called me... Hello... Arjun... "

" Hello...Is this Arohi? "

" Yes. Who's this? "

" Mr. Arjun has met with an accident! "

" Whatt???!! "

Thank You... ♡

Now that Painful Love ended . Will try to update it regularly. Love ♡