I Don't Remember

" Meet Arjun Singhania. My Son In Law.. Soon to be Son in Law. "

" Son in law? "

" Yes Miss Arohi. Any problem? Why do you seem shocked? " asked Mr. Guha.

" No.. I'm... "

" Oh.. Arjun. Please let her know what decision you made regarding the project. "

" Dad it has potential. I'm looking forward to it. Let's make it okay. "

" Sure Arjun. Anything you decide. "

" Congrats Miss Arohi. " Arjun advanced a hand towards her.

" Thank...Thank you.. " she replied shaking her hands with him.

She was still awestruck and stood expressionless without moving her eyes an inch away from him.

" Dad I have to leave. You please look after the other formalities. "

" Sure. "

He left without looking at her.
After some time even she left the place. Still a number of questions were hovering on her head.

" Son in law? He's going to marry someone else? No he can't? Why did he behave with me like that? As if he doesn't know me and met me for the first time. Has he forgotten me? Did he lost his memory or what? What am I supposed to do now? "

She checked in her hotel and entered her room with all those thoughts going on in her mind. She dropped herself on the bed and cried hiding her face in the pillow.

" You can't do this Arjun. You can't. "

She somehow arranged for his no and dialled it. It kept on ringing. She tried again. This time he picked up the call.

" Hello... "

Her heart started pounding fast hearing his voice. Her vision blurred as tears flowed out of her eyes. She started feeling heavy on her head. Her voice betrayed her.

" Hello... Is anyone there on line? "

" Who's that Arjun? "

Arohi heard a voice of a female from other side. Her face was blank now.

" I don't know baby. No one's answering. "

" Hello.. I'm asking you again are you there? "

Arohi couldn't speak as she was silently sobbing. He hung up the call.

" Hello..  Arjun. "

But the line was disconnected.  She cried again and this time loudly.

" He has really moved on? I can't take it. He can't do this. "

It was evening. She skipped her meals as she kept crying the whole day. She went to washroom to wash her face and came out putting her vermillion on head. She got a call.

" Am I speaking to Arohi? "

" Speaking "

" Good evening ma'am. I'm the PA of Mr. Arjun Singhania. He wants to meet you. "

Her lips curved into a smile hearing that.

" When and where? "

" We will message you. "

" Okay Thank You. "

She hung up the call.

" He wants to meet me? He remembers me. "

Soon she got the message and changed herself to her new salwar before an hour and checked herself in the mirror again and again.

" Arohi... Your husband loves you in Pyjamas too. Why are you taking so many efforts? No...No...I'm meeting him after a long time. I have to look good. "

She gives a final touch and leaves.

She reached half an hour earlier and waited for him.

" After long time I'm going to meet him. What should we talk. How should I start the convo? "

After half an hour he arrives.

" Good evening miss Arohi. " he greeted with a smile.

" Good..  evening... "

He started talking about the project and terms and conditions.

" Arjun... I think. This could have been explained by your staff as well. Why are you doing this to me? "

" Sorry? "

" Please stop Arjun... It hurts when you act indifferent. I know I made a mistake. But will you kill me every moment for that? Wasn't two years separation enough? "

" Arohi... We are here for discussing... "

" To hell with that... Arjun... Do you realise how crazily I searched for you in these two years? I'm dying every moment. If your punishment isn't over yet then punish me. Not in this way. Beat me...Scold me... but don't go away from me. "

" Just shut up okay? Who are you to me that I will scold you or raise my hands on you? Who are you? I don't know you. "

" You don't know me? You don't recognise your wife with whom you spend some special moments of your life? "

" No... I don't. I only remember a lady who gave her blood relations preference over her husband. Who killed  her baby mercilessly. Who fought with her father and brother for her ambitions. The one who's responsible for my Dad's death. Yes I remember that woman who failed to be a good daughter, sister, daughter in law, wife and mother. " he snapped at her.

Helpless tears flowed down her face.

Don't kill me. Thank You.