FOD Chap 2.6

Chapter 2.6

The summer morning sunshine was particularly brilliant. Zhou Yun Sheng, standing in front of a French window, stretched his body, then he washed his face, brushed his teeth, put on a set of casual clothes, and strolled downstairs.

“Good morning, did you sleep well last night?”

Unexpectedly, Ning Si Nian greeted him in an unprecedented way. Sitting beside him, Ning Wang Shu also looked at him with shining eyes.

Good morning, did you enjoy your face slapping last night? Zhou Yun Sheng criticized in his heart, but the surface exposed a humbly flattered expression. He nodded very slightly then blushed, sitting in the farthest position.

Ning Si Nian didn’t rush to work today, rather, he patiently fed his son congee, occasionally looking out from the corners of his eyes at the youth, whose head was buried.

The guilty look turned into shyness, gloominess turned into melancholy fragility, the feminine appearance that was resented in the past now felt exquisite. Smart, gentle and agreeable, in short, why did today’s Ning Si Nian look at Wei Xi Yan and think ‘cute’?

This was probably a true portrayal of suspecting someone of stealing an axe.

Thinking of this, Ning Si Nian felt ashamed, his ears faintly reddening. At this time, Zhao Xin Fang, wearing a lilac dress, came downstairs. Her face that had not been touched by makeup looked gentle and innocent.

“Xin Fang, last night, when Wang Ma woke up in the middle of the night for a drink of water, she fell down the stairs and broke her legs. Can you visit her in the hospital for me?”

Ning Si Nian withdrew his sight from the younger man and said in a warm voice.

“Ah? She fell and broke her leg? Why didn’t I hear any movement?”

Zhao Xin Fang was shocked.

Zhou Yun Sheng, with acting skills comparable to an Oscar level actor, also exposed timely doubt.

“When she fell, her head hit the handrail and she fainted. This morning, Xiao Li found her when she got up to make breakfast. It’s been a tough few months, you have to accompany her in the hospital often. You know, she personally raised me, I’ve never seen her as just a nanny.”

Ning Si Nian reached out and rearranged a lock of hair on Zhao Xin Fang’s cheek to behind her ear, his attitude was intimate and gentle, but his dark eyes hid a faint cold light.

He was also an Oscar level actor.

Zhao Xin Fang still had some doubts at first, but after hearing this, she immediately stopped dwelling on them. She meekly promised on the surface, but her heart was extremely annoyed. That old bitch has never fallen before, of all times, why did she need to fall now?

How was her plan going to work now? Who was going to execute it? Did she really have to let Wei Xi Yan dangle under her nose for a few months? Qian Yu frequently went in and out of the Ning residence, she couldn’t guarantee that one day Wei Xi Yan wouldn’t run into him again and get suspicious.

Her heart was choking with resentment, then she opened her mouth, as if hesitating,

“Si Nian, what about the baby?”