FOD Chapter 9.12

Chapter 9.12

Two years later, Shu Prefecture Base had become a large base comparable to B Base. It could accommodate more than 100,000 people, but because of its perfect management, excellent living conditions, and equal protection and treatment for ordinary people, its reputation among the country's survivors was that of a desirable paradise.

More and more people were willing to risk their lives to travel to the south and settle down, and the northern bases had reached out to the south for friendly cooperation and mutual benefits. The social order that was on the brink of collapse was re-established.

This morning, Lei Chuan woke up from a dream while hugging the doctor. He carefully removed his too honest place off against the doctor's lower back. For half a year, he was in this state every morning when he woke up, and sometimes, when his dreams were filled with the doctor's flushed eyes, he'd also wake up with a damp crotch. Those days always caused endless embarrassment.
While the doctor had not yet woken up, he walked into the bathroom to hastily resolve himself. He ate breakfast in the cafeteria and left to exterminate zombies as usual. Due to the expansion of the human settlements, they needed to narrow the zombies' range of activities. At the moment, several hundred miles within Shu Prefecture Base was already a safe zone, and the other southern bases were cleaning up their jurisdictions, forming a safety network.

Ordinary people could freely live in the network, but the zombies outside the network couldn't be ignored, so they had to clear them away little by little. The world had billions of zombies, no one could predict when the cleaning up would end, but the hope was strong. Plus, now that they had solved the water, hunger, and security problems, mankind had all the fundamentals to survive, they could focus all their efforts to deal with the infestation.

The convoy proceeded slowly to the area where the zombies were gathered.

The Warrior man sitting by Lei Chuan's side had glowing red cheeks, from time to time he opened his mouth but didn't speak, he looked shy, like a small daughter-in-law.

"You've been looking at me with that fucking bashful expression all morning, what are you trying to say?" Lei Chuan recently dreamt of doing animal like things with the doctor and had woken up to severe disappointment, so his temper was very irritable.

"Boss, I, I have something to say to you." The Warrior man stammered.

His companion couldn't stand it anymore, he pulled the other man into his arms and ruthlessly bit him, then he straightforwardly said, "Boss, we're ready to get married, can you please give us a few days of marriage leave?"

"What did you say?" Lei Chuan was about to dig out his ear canal, seriously suspecting that he was having auditory hallucinations.

You can't blame him for being so surprised. Lei family was a military and political family, his parents died when he was 7 years old, and his grandfather had no interest in taking care of a child, so he'd casually thrown him into the barracks. Every day he lived with a group of rough, old people, he only learned training, doing tasks, more training, doing more tasks, his emotional intelligence could be called mediocre. He only knew that men should marry and have children when they are old, but he was ignorant of same-sex feelings.

"They said they want to get married and asked you for a few days leave. Are your ears deaf?" Guo Zerui snorted in laughter. "What, are you scared? You didn't know men could fall in love with other men? What's so strange, it's the Apocalypse, who cares who you love. My friends, congratulations!" He leaned over and slapped the young couple on their shoulders.

Everyone had long suspected it, there were a few who had caught the two sneaking away, so they naturally were not surprised and opening gave them their blessings. The car was filled with laughter for a while.