FOD Chapter 9.5

Chapter 9.5

After a while, Zhou Yun Sheng half sat up and asked, "Who are you? We know each other?"
The man also sat up and piled two soft pillows behind the doctor's back, to let him sit more comfortably, then he lowered his eyes and said, "We don't know each other."

Following Dr. Bai for 5 or 6 years, he knew the doctor had a photographic memory, he would never forget those who stayed by his side, so he vaguely said, "You helped my family with an operation, it was very successful, we're grateful to you."

Zhou Yun Sheng no longer asked. Dr. Bai had a memory as superior as his, even if it was a surgery a decade ago, he'll still remember any detail, asking more would blow this man's cover. He knew that this man had nothing to do with Bai Mo Han, and that they should've met two years later, this man was the Guard Captain, and it seemed that he had been reborn.

Before he died, this man had held him in his arms and looked very distraught, so Zhou Yun Sheng knew that the man was absolutely loyal to him.

"Doctor, my name is Zhao Ling Feng, if you believe me, please let me follow you around and protect you." The man bowed slightly and made a respectful gesture of submission. His heart had long been touched by the selfless Dr. Bai, he had not been able to protect him before, so in this life he would never let anyone hurt him.

Zhou Yun Sheng paused for a moment and nodded, "I believe you."

Zhao Ling Feng didn't expect to get the doctor's trust so soon, he looked up in surprise.

Zhou Yun Sheng pointed to his crystal clear pupils and calmly opened, "Your eyes hold no malice. Although it's the end of the world, and people eating zombies and humans with destitute consciences are everywhere, today you showed me your true feelings, tomorrow you might feel differently. But I prefer to believe that the world still retains a piece of pure land, everyone's heart has a pure land. Hello, I'm Bai Mo Han, from now on, let's take care of each other." He stretched out his hand with a wry smile.

Zhao Ling Feng held his hand and gently shook it a few times, blushing in excitement. This man really was his doctor, seemingly aloof and detached, but in fact, he had a softer heart than anyone else.

"Doctor, your complexion looks very bad, here are a few nuclei, absorb them quickly." Zhao Ling Feng took a few transparent nuclei out from his pocket.

When a zombie nuclei was transparent, a Warrior of any property could absorb it, although the energy was small, it could quickly add strength when the body was extremely tired. Now, the secret of the nuclei has spread out, every Warrior carried a few for a rainy day.

"How do you know I'm a Warrior?" Zhou Yun Sheng didn't pick it up, but asked in a low voice.

Zhao Ling Feng was stunned for a moment, he gave a stiff smile, "I guessed. Dr. Bai is such a good person, he shouldn't be an ordinary man."

Zhou Yun Sheng was more certain that the man was reborn, so he no longer put him on the spot. He held the nucleus in the palm hand and absorbed it. Unfortunately, due to his damaged soul, as soon as the energy entered his body it didn't bring comfort, but sent a painful shock through his meridians. He had been injured to the extent that even the A-grade crystal nucleus was difficult to digest.

He returned the nuclei to Zhao Ling Feng and shook his head, "You keep it, I'm afraid these nuclei are unusable."

"How could that be?" Zhao Ling Feng's heart squeezed.

"I was forced to use my Psychic energy to force out the bloodvine, my brain's crystal nucleus is probably shattered." He explained calmly.

Except for Plant Warriors, most Warriors were helpless against the parasitic bloodvine, some people had tried running power through their blood to force out the bloodvine, but the active energy in the body stimulated the bloodvine's appetite instead, resulting in Warriors being sucked dry faster. To force out the bloodvine before it sucks you dry, the required energy must be fast, explosive, and the force of impact was no less than a self-destruct.