FOD Chapter 10.3

Chapter 10.3

As an offering for the Light God, it naturally needed to be the best.

Behind the Light Temple was a large orchard and any tasty fruit grown on the continent could be found there, it was meticulously cared for by strong plant mages. Every two weeks, they would pick out the best and sweetest fruit and place them on ice so the temple maids could select them.

When they saw that the priest personally came, the two plant mages were surprised and quickly bowed down.

"I want the freshest fruit, preferably some that was picked seconds ago." The young man was very haughty and aloof to anyone but his Father.

However, all the light priests were like this, so the two plants mages didn't feel it strange, they quickly picked a few baskets of fruit and placed them in front of him.

Zhou Yun Sheng bowed to look, tasted a few fruit and determined that they were good before putting them into his basket. He returned to the temple, washed the fruit with the water in the holy pool, then he put it aside and prepared to make pastries.

"Your eminence, pour the buckwheat flour and water into the pottery bowl and knead into a dough, then twist out large egg sized balls and flatten into a circle." The maid feared he couldn't do it, so she took out some flour dough and placed it on a tray to demonstrate.

Zhou Yun Sheng stared at the maid with an incredulous gaze. Was this the so-called pastries that was dedicated to the Father? No seasoning, no letting the dough rest, no shaping, no rising. After the pastries dried it would be harder than stone, how could he give this to his Father? This was simply blasphemy against the Father!

The moronic fanboy was filled with anger, he pushed the maid aside and brought out all the cooking skills in his mind. He shared out a very precise proportion of flour and water, used his light power to cover his palm, and kneaded the dough until it was elastic and soft.

"Your eminence, why would you waste your power of light priesthood!" The maid saw the golden light on his palm and felt a painful headache. As the power of light was becoming increasingly rarer today, a country often had to exhaust all their resources to cultivate strong light priests, and the light priests never used their power unless it was an emergency or the last resort. That was because each use took directly from their supply that they had accumulated after years of prayer, a single spell could sometimes cost more than a decade of worship.

A priest like Joshua who would use his power of light to knead flour was simply brain damaged.

Zhou Yun Sheng's mind was indeed broken. Because he hypnotized himself every day, he was crazy for the Father, he loved him passionately, senselessly in love, so he couldn't stand the slightest neglect of his God.

Even a pig would be unwilling to eat the pastries, yet they dared use it in worship, that was simply intolerable for him.

He swore that he must make the world's most delicious and exquisite pastries and dedicate it to his Father, he coldly opened, "What waste of light? All my strength is a gift from the Father, I naturally should wholeheartedly return it to the Father. In the future, you will not prepare offerings for the Father, this is my job."

The maid saw his cold look, knew that he was angry, and had to retreat to the corner in panic.

Zhou Yun Sheng experienced so many reincarnations, cooking such an insignificant thing didn't need mentioning. He loved to eat, and his taste was very picky, so he'd honed extraordinary cooking skills.

He was not idle while the dough rose, he picked a few fruit and beans, pounded and squeezed out their juices, and because he found the white dough a little monotonous he used some of the fruit juices to dye it yellow, red, purple and other colors.