FOD Chap 5.5

Chapter 5.5

Zhang Shu Lin had only seen Zhu Zi Yu from afar before this. Because of that face that was so handsome it gave off a feeling of ferocity, he'd originally thought that the other man was a tyrannical, hostile, and unsympathetic person, he must be difficult to get along with. 

But after coming into contact with the real man, he finally realized that reality and his imagination was completely contrary.

As long as you didn't provoke him, he wouldn't bother with every little thing. His bright red lips, even when not smiling, always bore a slight smile, making anyone who looked at him feel very comfortable. He was a little tsundere, a little laid-back, and very carefree, incredibly charismatic.

If it wasn't for the previous misunderstanding, Zhang Shu Lin would've been happy to become friends with the other man. But now, the feeling of shame was so overwhelming that he couldn't lift his head around the other man. 

All of the Zhang family members felt the same way, they silently moved to the farthest corner of the fire, their faces still a little red with embarrassment.

All except Qin Ce, who sat firmly opposite Zhu Zi Yu, poking the fire with a stick from time to time, as if nothing had happened.

As it was getting late, Zhou Yun Sheng felt somewhat sleepy, he covered his mouth and yawned. Two drops of shiny tears were squeezed out of his eyes, hanging on his eyelashes. 

This scene reminded Qin Ce of a cat lying asleep by the fire in winter. So lazy and cute, if his hand hadn't covered his mouth when he yawned, would he have exposed two small, sharp canine teeth?

He quickly glanced at the young man, then stared at the fire, lost in thought.

After his yawn, Zhou Yun Sheng also stared at the fire, thinking about none other than his lover, who was still MIA. He was once a protagonist, once a supporting role, but also once a cannon fodder. 

His identity could change at any time, he could be anyone. And they'd only been together for four lifetimes, how could he be confident that that man's basic data couldn't be altered? What if he became a completely different person from before?

For example, the protagonist shou?

Thinking of this, his body suddenly shuddered, and he fixed his gaze on Zhang Shu Lin. Touching upon the bright red sindoor on the other man's wrist, his eyes wavered, struggling inside.

Zhang Shu Lin's scalp numbed under his observation, Zhang Jia Rui also sensed something, tactfully reminding, 

"My big brother is already betrothed to brother Little Black."

Qin Ce frowned fiercely, a strong urge to deny it rising in his heart. But Zhang Shu Lin was his life savior, he had promised to become the other's husband to repay this kindness. A man's promise was as heavy as a mountain, he couldn't just break it. 

After several struggles in his heart, he didn't say anything in the end, but his complexion was a little unsightly.

He couldn't understand why he wanted to deny it in front of Zhu Zi Yu. This had nothing to do with the other man, right?

After hearing this, Zhou Yun Sheng just laughed contemptuously, leaving his previous wild imaginings behind.

Everyone quieted down again, but Qin Ce's mood was no longer as idle as before. He resembled the fire that was crackling and burning brighter and brighter before him, unbearably anxious. He raised his head to sweep his eyes over the young man several times, then quickly looked away before he could notice. 

Finally, he simply picked up a piece of wood and shaved it with his dagger, throwing the bits into the fire, burning them to ashes.

It was as if this would burn away the troubles and confusion in his heart as well.