FOD Chap 7.5

Chapter 7.5

The Sixth Prince quickly moved out from the dilapidated West Palace to the Zi Chen Palace. One lived in the main residence of the palace, the other lived in the east side of the outer side palace hall. 

They were separated by a long distance, but a few walls were erected, allowing it to become two independent residences when the palace was locked, so there was no need to shy away. Li Jin Tian specifically sent someone to inquire if they wanted to refurbish their palace, and also rewarded a lot of precious treasures.

The slave who had stolen the Sixth Prince's meals was also caned to death, showing the emperor's care for the Qi Xiu Jie father and son.

Therefore, the servants who were sent to the Zi Chen Palace all had respectful looks on their faces and no longer dared to treat Qi Xiu Jie as a criminal. 

To be able to obtain a few acts of favor from Li Jin Tian while he was exclusively pampering another concubine, and even being pardoned for his mortal crimes then compensated afterwards, this Concubine Qi was absolutely not a simple person.

Zhou Yun Sheng cultivated a relationship with the Sixth Prince while also paying attention to the happenings in the Yang Xin Palace and Tian Chen Palace. 

Li Jin Tian's character really resembled what was written in the data, he was miserably in love with Gao Min, even if his heart was driven into a deep rage, he still persistently visited him and their child every day, and he never spent a night with the other concubines.

He couldn't give up on this relationship, Gao Min was very aware of this, so he acted very boldly. But this could not last forever, even the deepest feelings couldn't withstand the wear and tear of time. 

Especially when one partner was trying their best to maintain it, while the other was snubbing it like an old shoe. It was only a matter of time before love became hate.

As for the search for his lost lover, Zhou Yun Sheng was currently living in the inner palace, constantly under Li Jin Tian's and Gao Min's surveillance, now was not a good time to act.

But when my son ascends the throne, wouldn't finding that person be a piece of cake? Thinking like this, Zhou Yun Sheng barely managed to press down his anxious mood.

This day, he was lying on the couch reading, when his personal attendant hurriedly walked up to him and whispered, 

"Master, the Sixth Prince's head maid urgently wants to see you, she said that the Sixth Prince is in a bad shape."

"What's wrong with him?" 

Zhou Yun Sheng threw away the book, put on his shoes, and walked straight to the side chamber without looking at the palace maid.

The maid quickly caught up, her eyes red, expression frightened as she stammered, 

"C-concubine, the Sixth Prince he, he's gone mad! Quickly go and look!"

Mad? How can a healthy man suddenly go mad? Zhou Yun Sheng recalled how Gao Min had poisoned Qi Xiu Jie in the past, and how he'd planted many spies into the palace when the Sixth Prince moved in. 

Such actions were really unlike the honorable General Gao in the previous life, and more resembled an insidious imperial concubine. It seems that I was too careless, I should've cleaned up those spies a long time ago.

While pondering, the side palace came into view. The maid walked a few steps faster to show the way, urgently pushing open the door at the end of the corridor. A strong bloody smell flowed out.

Zhou Yun Sheng walked up to the opened door and looked in. He saw Li Xu Dong, clutching a long, barbed whip, and three tied up slaves kneeling before him. They had already been beaten black and blue by him, on the verge of death.