FOD Chap 14.12

Chapter 14.12

Zhou Yun Sheng won the piano competition's youth division championship with undisputed strength, but many people felt that his performance was worth far more than that, he should've been the champion of this entire session. The local Vienna media tried to interview him, but on the next day, they learned that he'd already returned home due to physical discomfort. This was really regrettable.

Zhou Yun Sheng was not only a smash hit abroad, his home country was also on fire, most flights and buses replayed scenes of his performances over and over again, the editing focused on the standing ovation after his final performance, the wrinkled tear stained faces were particularly moving. Many music critics agreed: If Xue Zi Xuan's a national treasure level pianist, then Xue Jing Yi is a world class treasure-level pianist. Although Xue Zi Xuan became famous at 13, when he was 16, he absolutely wasn't at such a superb level of skill and unbelievable musical expressiveness.

The domestic media gave Zhou Yun Sheng a high degree of praise for his last performance, calling it a historical timepiece. Some Levine Empire netizens edited the historical video of Ivanov's performance with his own, but whether it was skill or emotional effort, both showed surprising consistency. How can a teenage girl living in a peaceful era resonate with war era Ivanov? It was a mystery, and they could only use the word 'talent' to explain it. In any case, talent was the deciding factor in how far a person could travel on the artistic path.

Some people remained obscure for a lifetime, some people became world famous in their teens, it was a fact of life.

Zhou Yun Sheng, wearing a hoodie and large black sunglasses, was escorted back to Xue house by Xue Zi Xuan. Xue Jing Yi was holed up in her room, watching a recording of his final performance, nervously clicking the fast forward, slow forward, rewind, pause and other buttons, her dark eyes boring a hole into the TV screen.

"Jing Yi, your letters are here." Xue Rui knocked opened her door, waving several envelopes.

"The Curtis Music Academy admission letter?" Xue Jing Yi immediately turned off the TV.

"Not only that, there's Julia Music College, Rochester Conservatory of Music, National Music Academy of China... ..., whatever just pick one." Xue Rui didn't understand these things, so after the letters arrived he'd looked them up online, discovering that these were the world's top music colleges. Ordinary people could test for a lifetime and not get the opportunity to enroll, Huang Yi only played three songs and easily got in, he must have some skill.

Xue Jing Yi took the stack of admission letters, opening them one by one. She was secretly both delighted and uneasy. After watching Huang Yi's display of amazing talent, currently, forget about playing the piano, she couldn't even sit on the piano stool without her chest squeezing and her fingers trembling. Her fear had become bone marrow deep.

"Daddy, Dr. Zhang said my condition is improving, when can you help me arrange the surgery?" She pretended to casually ask.

In order to spare her a conflicted mood, Xue Rui had never told her that she would be receiving Huang Yi's heart, only implying that they'd found the donor they were looking for, so she could feel at ease. These days, she went to bed early and got up early, and ate and drank well, striving to restore her health to peak condition, determined to become able to withstand the risk of the heart transplant. She was eager for Huang Yi's heart, like a demon, she firmly believed that all his amazing talent was buried in his heart, with it, all her wishes would come true, she would get Huang Yi's everything.

"Dad will take you to the hospital for a physical tomorrow, if the doctor agrees, we'll immediately schedule the surgery." Xue Rui lovingly patted his daughter's hair.