FOD Chap 7.12

Chapter 7.12

The wolf cub has almost arrived at the capital, Zhou Yun Sheng would give Gao Min a month to set the stage.

Half a month later, he made some stewed chicken soup using 100-year old ginseng and had it sent to the Yang Xin Temple.

Li Jin Tian was very suspicious lately, he had a servant test anything he ate. But the Hun pill was a chronic poison, the attack was slow, and the signs of injection into the blood would disappear in half a minute. Even a silver needle wouldn't detect it, let alone a poison tester. Li Jin Tian has been eating the poison for a month, the toxicity has dissipated, and even the most experienced doctor in Da Yanguo wouldn't be able to diagnose any abnormalities.

One day, after eating the lunch sent by Gao Min, he went to the imperial study to take care of governmental affairs. Just as he picked up the brush, he suddenly felt a stir in his chest and coughed up black blood.

"Your Majesty, what's wrong?" The Head Eunuch felt his soul fly away in fright, he trembled, "This blood's color is extremely abnormal, is it poisoning? Hurry, we need the imperial doctor!"

"Don't shout! Make Xu Yuan secretly come over, no one can see him!" Li Jin Tian was the Emperor, he understood why this matter couldn't spread to outsiders. He couldn't let this out of the room before the truth was ascertained.

The Head Eunuch did not have time to close his mouth before the hidden spy followed the command.

Xu Yuan posed as a servant to enter the study, he knelt down to read the Emperor's pulse, then shook his head after a moment- he couldn't find out anything. He'd only taken two minutes to reach the study, yet the signs of poisoning had already vanished.

"Check this chicken soup." Li Jin Tian pointed to the soup bowl on the table. Today, the only exception to his diet was the chicken soup sent from Zi Chen Palace. He didn't want to doubt Qi Xiujie, but he couldn't read people's hearts.

Xu Yuan tested the soup and concluded that the chicken soup only had 100-yr old ginseng, it was a tonic that could only help the body.

"... There are more dishes here, continue testing." Li Jin Tian slumped down into his chair. Except for the chicken soup from Zi Chen Palace, the other foods were all personally overseen by Gao Min. If it was not Qi Xiujie, it could only be Gao Min. That conclusion made his chest burn, it hurt a thousand times more and was more difficult to swallow than even the most dangerous poison.

If the Han pills do not enter the human body, its toxicity can last in the water or food it's in for a long time. Gao Min had urged the attendants to dump and destroy the dishes as soon as the Emperor ate, but today, for some reason, the Head Eunuch had quietly entered the imperial kitchen and gathered the leftovers neatly into a food box.

After checking the Emperor's favorite steamed bass, the doctor was surprised a moment, then he immediately threw away the chopsticks in his hands. After hearing the crisp sound of chopsticks falling to the ground, Li Jin Tian trembled. He eventually gritted his teeth and asked, "How is it?"

"Yes, this is the dish, it seems to be Han pills. Because the Emperor coincidentally ate the 100 yr. old ginseng today, it fought with the toxicity and caused you to cough up blood. If not for this ginseng, I'm afraid that you wouldn't find out about your poisoning." The subtext was to expect the possibility of death.

To clear any doubt, the doctor punctured the Emperor's fingertips, took a drop of blood, and dropped it into a special fluid agent for inspection. After a moment, he knelt on the ground and kowtowed, afraid to say it out loud.