FOD chap 15.3

Chapter 15.3

When he realized that he had returned to Da Qi, Zhou Yun Sheng immediately thought of ways to deal with his enemies. He attached no importance to Zhao Bi Xuan and her son, one was an imperial concubine, the other was a small prince, they completely relied on his affection to survive in the harem. As long as he continued spoiling the two, they would naturally live with dignity, but if he rejected the two, they would immediately fall to the lowest rank, so he didn't need to spend much effort dealing with them. The ones who were difficult to deal with were the Empress Dowager, the Gong Prince, and the Wen Yuan March. The three were already allied in secret, and they held a troublesome amount of influence, easily accessible military power, and a network of connections. The only thing they lacked was a pretext to justifiably push forward. He was almost certain that the former An Prince's rebellion was part of their scheming.

Zhou Yun Sheng originally intended to slowly carve into the Wen Yuan March's military power, which was not as simple as getting back the Hufu, he also had to win over the army. Da Qi's largest garrison was stationed in the Northwest, there were millions of soldiers, even the other three garrisons added up together would not equal the Northwest. Plus the Northwest Army was painstakingly trained up by Zhao Xuan, calling it his private army was not an exaggeration. Looking at Meng Kang's attitude was proof enough, they regarded Zhao Xuan as their god. The past Zhao Xuan had the title of the Northwest King, now that the current him was also his lover, his strength would be a thousand times greater than the previous. Zhou Yun Sheng had reason to believe that the Northwest was already his lover's territory, if he tried to intervene, his claws would be chopped off.

Feeling neurotic twinges of pain on the back of his hand, Zhou Yun Sheng felt very bitter. He didn't care about the title as Da Qi's Emperor, but he was even more reluctant to give up the right. A free and easy life was his ideal, if his lover was backing any other prince, he could at least laugh it off, but he happened to be helping the Gong Prince Qi Jin Yu, unfortunately, he could only confront him. After finally coming back, all who owed him in the past life, he vowed to collect their debts one by one in this life.

After considering things for a few days, Zhou Yun Sheng decided to strip his lover's attachments from Zhao Bi Xuan and the Gong Prince's group. If they had no common interests, the man wouldn't get mixed up in the drama from the previous life. Then whether he wanted to be the Grand General or the Northwest King, Zhou Yun Sheng could give him free reign.

While pondering, a small eunuch walked in, a letter hidden in his sleeves.

Using the convenience of yesterday's dinner, he'd ordered the shadow guards to investigate Zhao Xuan's circumstances. In the last life, he was wholly busy with the romantic drama with Zhao Bi Xuan, then he was busy fighting off and scheming against Qi Jin Yu, so he really didn't know anything about Zhao Xuan's personal affairs. Now that Zhao Xuan was his lover, he needed to check out his life, basically, he needed to find out if he had a wife and children.

Zhou Yun Sheng impatiently tore open the letter, completely ignoring the fact that he himself was sitting on a harem of three thousand beauties.

No wife, no children, not even a favored maid, Zhao Xuan's emotional life could only be described as 'monotonous'. He was 29 years old this year, in Da Qi, where early marriage was in style, he should have a wife and a large number of concubines, and should be tripping over the children running around him, but his side was completely empty. It's not that the Marchioness wasn't pressuring him, he was just very unyielding, even the Marquess couldn't force him to do something. When he was 10 years old, he forced Old Marquess Wen Yuan to retire from his leading post, so the March now came to him for instructions before dealing with any big or small matter.