[laѕт one]

[036]

[laѕт one]

-
-
-

Lynn's POV

I stepped outside my apartment, taking a deep breath. I immediately closed my mouth once I saw the smoke from the destroyed buildings and fires in the air.

It was so silent. Almost like I was the only person in the world.

Well, you could say I was. It was me, myself, my one-eyed cat, Dummy and a few million zombies.

A few days ago the broadcasts on the still working TVs ended. They had said that they were the only few people still left. They didn't know about me at all.

There were some people from the news left who tried to do the broadcasts for the ones that were still alive and a few policemen that were with them.

When they started doing the broadcasts they told the people who were watching where they were and that if they stopped broadcasting, they would be dead.

The minute I heard where they were, I was sure they weren't gonna make it. The area around them was full of those god damn zombies. There was no way for they to get out even if they had weapons.

So, that all resulted in them dying and me being the only person left on earth. How did I know? Well, I didn't but I had a really good feeling that I was.

If I wasn't, there was no way that I was going to find anyone alive here in America. The most zombies in the whole world were here and they were the most dangerous ones.

I sighed, my hands at the straps of my backpack. I looked down at my feet and smiled as Dummy rubbed his side against my leg. I softly patted his head before I picked him up and put him in my backpack, leaving it open so he could see.

I looked at the apartment that I had lived in for most of my life one last time and turned around, heading towards the center of the city where most of the zombies were.

I walked for 2 hours and finally reached the city. I rounded the corner and immediately saw a horde of zombies ahead.

There was a big skyscraper that looked still intact. I was sure I could get up there if I wanted to. It was probably the only building in the city that was still standing.

I checked if Dummy was still in my backpack and patted his head when he looked at me.

I sneaked forwards, towards the skyscraper. I was just about to open the door when I heard a growl behind me.

I turned around and gasped once I saw a zombie head for me. I pulled at the door but it didn't budge.

Taking my axe out, I turned around and swung at the zombie who was way to close for my comfort, hitting him in the head. He fell on the ground and I pulled my axe out, wiping the blood off it.

I heard some more growls and looked up from the dead one, only to see hundreds more, coming for me.

I ran back to the door, kicking it open with my feet and running in, the zombies close on my heels.

I was sure I had never ran up the stairs that fast in my life.

I reached the top, opening the door and immediately feeling the soft breeze on my body.

This was probably a bad idea to come here.

Before I could block the door off, the zombies came through the door, onto the roof.

I was trapped at this point.

I looked around and tried to find a way to escape from them. Deep down I knew I couldn't but I wouldn't give up that easily.

The zombies came closer until I couldn't back away from them anymore.

I put my backpack down and Dummy jumped out of it, hissing at the zombies. The little one didn't look scary at all but cute and it almost made me forget there was a horde of zombies in front of me.

I looked at Dummy one last time.

He was looking back at me and walked towards me, sitting down between my feet, looking up at me.

It almost looked like he was smiling at me.

A tear rolled down my cheek.

I took one step backwards and let myself fall.

The wind flew through my hair.

I frowned a little as I saw Dummy fall above me.

He didn't deserve to die.

At least he wasn't going to feel anything.

I looked down.

I was nearing the ground.

I waved at Dummy one last time before I closed my eyes and everything went black.

When all of this started I swore I wouldn't let Dummy or myself die to these zombies.

Mission Accomplished.

.
.
.

Hey guys! It's been a while and I'm sorry for that. School has started and I wanted to start without stressing over publishing something on Wattpad so I took a little break. I'm kind of back now but updates will still be slow.

Thanks for reading, commenting and voting!

I love you guys!

~Kvrstvn