[υp тнere, ѕoмewнere]

[063]

[υp тнere, ѕoмewнere]

-
-
-

Warning: There are mentions of abuse in this one shot.

Lynn

"It got out of hand! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" he screamed as he was dragged to a police car by five police officers. He was crying and trying to get out of the officers grips but he wasn't crying when he did that to her.

I sat on the ground in front of the house that was so familiar and cozy but also seemed so distant and cold now.

I watched as they put him in the police car and he looked back at me one last time. His eyes were filled with sadness and sorrow, begging to forgive him.

But I would never forgive him for what he did to her. I turned my attention to the ambulance when I heard its engine starting and watched her body get further and further away from me.

I wanted to run after the ambulance and desperately see if she was still breathing but I stayed on the ground, quietly crying and staring in front of me.

The time to blame myself for her death came. It all started a few months ago when she got a new boyfriend. He was an asshole in my opinion. Now, he was something far worse then that.

She started coming to school with scarfs on when it was summer and didn't wear her usual clothes but baggy hoodies and clothes that were way too big for her.

I didn't question her at first but when she showed up with a black eye, I knew something was wrong. I should've gone to the police right at that moment but I didn't.

She didn't wanna tell me at first but then she made up an excuse that she fell and hit her eye. I didn't believe her but I stayed quiet.

She started being quiet when we would hang out with our others friends and then she just stopped hanging out with us at all.

I was the closest to her so I went to visit her the most at her house. She wasn't home most of the time so I waited on the exact ground I was sitting on right now. Sometimes she didn't even come home. There was something terribly wrong and I would go mad if she didn't tell me what it was.

Today, she didn't show up to school. I went to her house after school because I needed to have a serious talk with her. I needed to make her understand that whatever was going on would be alright in the end. I needed to be there for her as her friend and support her.

When I arrived at her house, her boyfriend was sitting on the sidewalk in front of her house. He was staring at the ground in front of him and didn't even realise I was approaching him.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face, not caring if I scared him.

His head snapped in my direction and when he looked at me, he was shocked. His breathing quickened and he started panicking.

I asked him what was wrong. He didn't answer but just looked at the house like he was scared of something inside it.

I knew something was wrong but didn't know what. It wasn't until he said her name that everything clicked inside my head.

My eyes widened and I ran into the house as fast as I could. When I reached her room, I didn't hesitate to just barge in.

She was there on her bed. She looked peaceful like when she was sleeping but she was not.

I slowly started walking towards her. She had her eyes closed and....there was blood. A lot of it.

I ended up with her body in my arms, crying as I stroked her hair and waited for the police and an ambulance to come. I knew she wasn't breathing anymore but I couldn't believe she was gone.

That's how I ended up on the ground, still crying my eyes out and thinking it was all my fault.

I promised myself to always act fast for the many other things that were to happen in my life and never to hesitate when something was wrong with someone around me.

My dearest Amy,

If you're out there and ever wondering how much I miss you, it's a lot.

Losing you hurt so much. I didn't just lose my best friend but I also lost the person I love the most.

I'm sorry this ever happened to you and I'm sorry I didn't push you to tell me what was happening with him. How abusive he was. Maybe then, you could've been saved. I will always love you and I will never blame you for not telling me what he was doing. I understand you. I always have.

I guess it's time to let go but I don't want to. I hope you'll be close to me sometimes even if I can't talk to you or see you. I know you'll be there and I'm grateful to know such an amazing and just gorgeous human bean.

I have now just realised that when someone's death, the fact that nobody can do anything about it is terrible. I will forever miss you and I'm sure I'll pay you a visit and stay with you forever soon. I'll just have to be patient. I hope you feel safer and happier up there, somewhere.

I love you. See you soon.
Lynn

-
-
-

Heh, that was a heavy one.

I love you gays and not gays and half gays and other things!

~Kvrstvn