[ι proмιѕed]

[027]

[ι proмιѕed]

-
-
-

Before you read this one shot GO LISTEN TO THE SONG ABOVE BECAUSE IT'S AMAZING WTF. I'M ADDICTED. I LOVE THEM SO MUCHBSHDHSHDHD.

.
.
.

Ruby

12 years ago.

"Aww, look. Dave and Anna are holding hands!" Lyndsey yelled, pointing at them.

I giggled. "They are cute together. Do you think they'll like each other when they grow up?" I asked Lyndsey.

She shrugged. "I don't know but when we grow older I promise I will take you on a date thing that older people do. I don't really know exactly how it goes but it looks fun."

I smiled. "Yes! That would be so much fun!"

...

12 years later.

I was sitting in a chair in my front lawn, not wanting to do anything today. Not like I had anyone to do anything with but still. It was very hot outside and I was way to tired to move.

My parents were both working and I didn't have any siblings or friends to hang out with.

I closed my eyes and listened to the birds singing and the wind. I liked these kind of days but I felt better when I could sit inside and watch the rain though the window.

I suddenly heard the gate in front of my house creak and I opened my eyes, looking at the uninvited guest.

It was a girl. She had blonde hair that seemed to be shaved at both sides and a nose ring. She was holding flowers and had a bright smile on her face. She looked familiar but I couldn't seem to remember where I saw her before.

"Hello." I said but it came out more like a question.

"Hey, Ruby." the girl said, taking some steps closer.

I hesitated. "I'm sorry but, who are you?"

The girl laughed. "You really don't remember me?"

I shook my head. She knew me so I did know her at some point in my life.

"I'm Lyndsey. Lyndsey Gunnulfsen. Does that ring a bell?" she said, raising her eyebrows.

My eyes widened and my jaw flew open as I screamed. "LYNDSEY!" I yelled, jumping up from my chair and than jumping on Lynn.

Lynn and I were best friends from when we were 5 until she had to move when we were 14. We were both so devastated when we had to leave each other but now here we are, 17 and back together.

"Why are you here? How did you find me?" I yelled.

"I asked my parents and they still had your parents' phone number so they called and asked where you lived. We just moved back here just a few streets further." Lynn explained.

"Omg! Really! That's so crazy! I'm so happy to see you back." I yelled, giving Lynn another tight hug.

"I really missed you." she whispered, burying her face in my shoulder.

"I really missed you too. I was a wreck when you left. You were literally all I had. You still are."

We pulled back from the hug and I saw a tear run town Lynn's cheek. I wiped it away and hugged her again.

"Why do you have those flowers? Don't tell me they are for my mom and you have a crush on her!" I yelled. Lyndsey laughed, shaking her head.

A few months before Lynn had to move when we were 14, we told each other we were gay. We both figured out that we were gay when we were around 12 years old. Lyndsey always used to make me mad by saying that my mom was hot. We both knew it was a joke so we were totally fine with it. It was also around that time that I knew I had a crush on Lyndsey. I obliviously didn't tell her that.

"No, these flowers are not for your mom. They're for you." Lyndsey sighed. I looked at her in confusion. "Remember when we were 5 and I yelled that Dave and Anna were holding hands?"

I nodded.

"I promised you that when we got older, I would take you on a date. I want to keep my promise so...Ruby, would you like to go on a date with me? I know about your crush on me when we were 14 by the way. I read your diary." Lynn said.

I didn't know if I wanted to be happy that she knew and asked me on a date or be mad that she read my diary.

"Of course I will go on a date with you but you're an asshole for reading my diary."

"You were in that bathroom for half an hour and I was bored. You shouldn't have put your diary on your desk."

"I was on my fucking period for the first time and I didn't know what to do, you idiot!" I yelled.

Lynn's mouth formed an 'o' shape and she made a noise that sounded like 'oohhhhh' but it came out wrong because she had to laugh.

I tried to keep my face straight but you can't do that when you're gay (people make these jokes way to much) so I just started laughing with her.

"I'm so glad you're back!" I said, smiling brightly for the first time in 3 years.

"I'm so glad I'm back too and I'm excited for our date. I had a crush on you back in the day too." Lyndsey confessed.

"Oh we're so gay."

Lynn laughed. "All the time. You can never be too gay!"

I can tell you the date went fantastic.

.
.
.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this one shot!

If you did you can vote and comment. I really appreciate it if you do!

If you have requests, make sure to let me know!

Love you guys!

~Kvrstvn