Disapproval? Or Approval?

~A month later~

After a month, the video of you and Namjoon had exploded on the internet. There was a fair amount of likes and dislikes ratio, which honestly didn't surprise you. But there were a ton of views, and a ton of supportive comments. You were happy that your fans enjoyed the video, and that they were understanding of your daily life. Today was also another special day for you. Since you had returned to Seoul, Namjoon pledged that he'll let you meet his family. Since, of course, he had met yours, and he thought it'll (only) be right if you met his family. You were honestly hesitant about meeting his family. Maybe they wouldn't like you. The thought scared you but Namjoon kept reassuring you. He kept telling you that no matter what their opinion was about you, he'll (forever) stay with you. His words made you loosen up a little bit about meeting his family, but the thought of rejection kept dawning on you. "What if we get married and they don't like me? So then it'll make Namjoon the disgrace of the family," you were honestly concerned on behalf of him. You didn't want to affect his relationship with his family in any way.

You were awoken by Namjoon shaking you. He repeated your name over and over again until you woke up. All you did was groan as you made an attempt to push him away. You were too lazy to get up. "Come on babe, you're meeting my family today," he reminded, as he shook you more. Slowly but surely, you were up. As you headed to the bathroom, you rubbed your eyes. After a few splashes of water, you were able to function just a little. You walked over to the closet, and started scanning through your clothes. "What would be appropriate to wear?" you thought. Soon you chose an outfit, and headed to the bathroom after seeing that Namjoon was done.

Your outfit is:

~Namjoon's parents' house~

The entire car ride you were a (complete) nervous wreck. After all, you were fully capable of understanding what was going on. Now you were in Namjoon's car, staring at the house, hoping that you weren't here. "Are we going in or not, babe?" Namjoon asked, snapping you out of your thoughts. You slowly turned your head to look at him. "But..." you began to fidget with your fingers. Soon he had placed his hand on top of your hand, "Don't stress about it too much, Y/N. I've told my parents so many things about you, and they seem to like you. Plus if they don't, then too bad, I'm going to stay with you for an eternity." You watched as Namjoon gave a reassuring smile. Soon you nodded, and the both of you were out of the car. He intertwined his fingers with yours and began to lead you to the house. Along the way, you were making an attempt to calm yourself down. Soon you and Namjoon were standing at the front door, immediately making you malfunction. "Hey, calm down," Namjoon mumbled, and you nodded. With a few knocks, the door swung open revealing Namjoon's mom. "Ah, you're here!" his mom happily shouted before giving Namjoon a hug. Then she was staring at you. "Hi, I-I'm Y/N. Nice to finally meet you," you said extending your (shaky) hand towards his mom. She happily shook your hand. It seemed like she was analyzing you, making you freak out.

Soon you were inside the house, more specifically the living room. You were patiently waiting for Namjoon's mom to gather the rest of his family members. Namjoon was holding your hand as the both of you waited, making an attempt to calm you down. You were too nervous and afraid what his parents would think of you. Eventually everyone was in the living room, all eyes were on you. "So, you're Namjoon's girlfriend?" his sister asked, giving a displeasing look. "Y-Yes!" you replied quite quickly. His parents looked at one another. "We heard good things about you... but the way you present yourself is... kind of displeasing," his dad bluntly said. You gave a face of disbelief. You just met them, and it seemed they already disliked you. "Dad," Namjoon said loudly. You heard his dad sigh. "We'll ask you some simple questions," his dad said, before crossing his arms and leaning back into his chair. "Do you have a job?" his sister asked, eager to know. "I'm a YouTuber... so I record videos for money," you replied- that got you disapproved faces. You were only telling them the truth, but you felt like you needed to lie for their approval. "Are you a foreigner?" his dad asked, and you slowly nodded. You watched everyone's expression. Soon enough the three ran out of questions, and let's just say you felt like none of them truly liked you. "Namjoon, let's talk in another room," his dad said before standing up. The others copied him. Namjoon nodded before releasing your hand and leaving to follow his family members. There was long silence before you heard some talking. "Can they be any louder?" you thought. It felt rude, since you felt like you were eavesdropping on an important discussion. "Listen Namjoon, I'm going to put this bluntly. We don't like her," Namjoon's dad said, causing you to freeze up in your spot. The rest was a blur to you, all you felt was your heart aching. You didn't even get to hear it straight on, but you already felt unapproved.

You sprung up from the couch, no longer wanting to deal with this matter. Namjoon's shouting was what surrounded you, with some backfire (from his family). You ran out the door and straight to the car. Then you started fumbling with the (extra) car keys that Namjoon had provided you. When you were in the car, you let all your tears roll down your face. Everything had hit you at once, their faces of disapproval vividly showed in your mind; their words of disapproval repeating over and over again. You didn't know how to feel; you were at a lost. All you did was cry as you let every emotion run out of your body, eventually draining you. "Y/N?" you heard, making you look up. There was Namjoon, kneeling on the concrete ground, staring up at you. "Everything will be okay," he patted your leg. You shook your head, "You heard what my dad said, didn't you?" he asked. With a nod, he was quick to wipe away your tears. "I don't know what's gotten into them, they weren't always this blunt... I'm kind of shocked that they were that straightforward," he watched your expression, "It doesn't matter what they think if you. I will love you forever, until the end of time. I'm old enough to make my own decisions, and I'm not going to let them separate me from you so easily." Namjoon eventually stood up from his position, "Let's go talk to them, okay?" he asked. "L-Let me calm down first," you sobbed. This time, you'll try your best to convince his parents that you're worth his love. You wanted to be approved by his parents, even if it took your every strength to fight for it.

~After a while~

You were standing face to face with Namjoon's family once more. They gave you intense stares while you avoided making (any) eye contact. "Why are you still here? Are you here to personally hear our disapproval?" his dad asked, crossing his arms impatiently. You slowly shook your head. "Let me prove to you that I'm worth your approval," you said, trying to make direct eye contact. His dad snickered, "Too late." Those two words made you freeze. "We don't like you. We'll appreciate it if you leave our son's life. It'll be better is he found another person," his dad had officially crossed the line. "Dad!" Namjoon shouted, shocked. You quickly silenced them from speaking any further. "Listen, Mr. Kim. Even if you hate me, Namjoon will love me forever. He promised me that. And no matter how much you don't like me, I'll love him forever. I don't care about your opinion anymore, all I need to know that my love for Namjoon is real. I'll love him with or without your approval; I'm not leaving him ever. I want to stay with him for an eternity, just like how he wants to stay with me for an eternity," you said. You watched as his dad's facial expression suddenly change, he smiled. "That's what I want to hear. I told you honey, she'll eventually fight back if we continue pushing her," he said. "W-What?" you asked, confused. You looked at Namjoon, who was also making the same expression as you. "We were trying to see how far you'll go to prove your love to Namjoon. In all honesty, we already liked you from the beginning. Namjoon seems a lot more happier when he's with you; the way his tone is when he talks about you only give us good reviews," his sister explained. You tilted your head. "So you guys like me?" you asked, confused yet kind of unconvinced. "Of course we do! We're sorry for making you cry, we didn't mean to go that far," his mom said before giving you a hug. You felt a sense of relief rush throughout your body. "I'm glad Namjoon has someone like you with him. Also, I'm glad you didn't give up," his dad nodding in approval, and you smiled. "How about we make lunch?" his mom suggested as she pulled away from the hug. "I heard someone can cook," his mom nudged you. "Let's do it!" you replied with a smile.

"Even if you guys weren't joking about the disapproval, I would have stayed with Y/N," Namjoon told his family. They let out a laugh. "Why wouldn't we approve of Y/N? She seems very kind and polite; most importantly she loves you for you," his dad said. You're glad you were approved, now you felt confident. You smiled happily as you began to help Namjoon's mom.

"My love for Namjoon will always find its way to prove that the relationship between us is real. No matter how much people push, it'll come to show the real meaning behind our love," you thought with a happy smile vividly showing on your face.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako