Motivations to Confess

~A year later~

"You're kidding?" you asked through the phone. You were just enjoying a peaceful day of laying on your bed and watching some YouTube, when suddenly you got a call. Annika was calling you, and you picked up immediately. Soon, you learned that Annika was going to confess to Josh. "Wait, Josh as in your partner?" you asked, sitting up. "That's right," Annika replied in a shy tone. "Really, what do you like about him?" you asked. She stayed silent for a long period of time, "He's cute and has a great personality..." You could hear the shyness in her tone. "Awe Annika!" you said, happily. "S-Shut up!" she replied. "Don't be so shy about it. But, why'd you call me?" you asked. "Well..." she paused, "I was hoping you'll help me with... you know... confessing to Josh." You immediately paused at her response. "H-Help you? What do you mean help you? I only confessed to one person and you know how that turned out!" you said. "Please, Y/N! I really need your help, maybe a little with the confession part but mostly with the motivation part," she begged. You let out a sigh, "Okay, I'll be at your apartment soon." With that, you ended the call and regretfully got off your (comfortable) bed. You had no clue what Annika was thinking, or what she thought you could do but you need to help her. Even if you only confessed to one person (and they rejected you), you wanted to put faith in yourself with helping. (But like, you confessed to Namjoon as well...?)

~At Annika's apartment~

Once you made it to Annika's apartment, she was a complete mess. She was unsure how to present herself, didn't know what she should wear, and well, she was a nervous wreck. When Annika saw you, she immediately dragging you into the room. "You're finally here! I've been overreacting! What if he rejects me? I forgot that there's such thing as rejection!" she slumped onto the couch, and covered her face with her hands. "Hey, calm down," you said before quickly grabbing her hands and pulling them away from her face. "Listen Annika, you've been with Josh for how long now?" you asked. "A year..." Annika answered. You smiled before clasping your hands against Annika's, "If he rejects you, then his loss. Josh has known you for a year now, there's no way he wouldn't catch feelings for an amazing and intelligent person like you. He's missing out if he does," you reassured. She nodded, but she's still unconfident. You knitted your eyebrows together, "Where's all of that confidence in the phone call?" She simply shrugged, "It went away since I was thinking about how he might reject me... or how something might go wrong." You sighed, "Be confident when you're confessing. Don't think too much about it, and if he does reject you... We can always binge eat ice cream and watch BTS." Annika's lips tugged into a smile, "You're right... Thanks a lot. That's why you're my best friend and that's why I called you over." "Aren't you going to call Jordan?" you asked, curious. Annika nodded, "I did, she'll be here anytime soon." As if on cue, there was a knock on the door. You watched as Annika sprung up from her position and made her way to the door. Soon, Jordan was hugging you tightly.

"Okay confession for Annika's crush. Oh gosh, I feel like I need to make an entire list of steps on how to confess!" Jordan was so hyper. You let out a laugh. "Guys, what should I wear though?" Annika asked. Both you and Jordan turned to look at Annika. "Nothing too fancy, you're not going on a date," Jordan answered. "Just wear clothes that you usually wear," you said. Annika nodded before getting up to change. "Ah, I can't believe this is actually happening! Ever since Annika's first boyfriend, she pledged to never have another one. Her feelings dropped so drastically back then, but it's good to see that she's actually trying to give it another shot," Jordan said before pushing a strain of hair behind her ear. "Right..." you replied, "But she needs more confidence and more motivation. She's scared of rejection, and she looks like she's about to back down." "Well... as her best friends, we'll be sure to give her enough confidence to help her!" Jordan replied with a smile, and you nodded. "You're right, we need to put her into the right mindset," you smiled. "Let's hope Josh returns her feelings," you muttered.

~After a while~

"He's here!" Annika immediately began to freak out. You watched as she grabbed a pillow before using it as some type of shield. Jordan giggled, "Calm down, everything will be fine." She quickly patted Annika's shoulder. "Remember what we told you," you reminded and Annika nodded slowly as she lowered the pillow. You went over to the door before opening it. "Oh hey, Y/N," Josh gave you a smile. "Hey, how have you been?" you asked, returning a welcoming smile. "I've been okay. What about you?" he asked. "I'm good," you answered before allowing him to enter the apartment. Soon Josh was sitting next to Annika, and she was shying away. "So why'd you call me here? You said there was an important matter you wanted to discuss with me... oh shot, do we have project due?!" he asked, freaking out. Annika was quick to shake her head. "N-No..." she paused before looking at both you and Jordan. "Can you guys go into the other room so I can talk to Josh in private?" she asked. You and Jordan quickly nodded before doing as instructed. Once the door was closed behind the both of you, the two of you were quick to lean against the door to eavesdrop.

"Is everything okay?" Josh asked concerned. "E-Everything's fine... It's just..." Annika paused. "Is she going to do it?" you asked in anticipation. Jordan hushed you. "I wanted to tell you something important... and I hope this won't ruin anything between us..." she slowly said. "Why would something make out friendship get ruined?" he asked. Then there as an awkward silence. "She just got friend zoned," Jordan said. You shushed her. "Josh... I- I um... you see, I- um," once more, Annika paused. "I like you, Josh..." you immediately smiled. She finally confessed. "You like me...?" he asked, unconvinced. "I do... it's okay if you don't like me back- I just wanted to tell you. And uh... I hope this doesn't ruin our relationship," once more, silence. "You kissed me?" Annika asked in a surprised tone. Now you wish that you saw this in action. Being behind a door, sucks. "You're a smart and beautiful female. Your sense of humor is wonderful, and you make me feel comfortable. I love your jokes and they never fail to make me laugh or even smile," Josh said. Both you and Jordan looked at one another before smiling. "So will you be my girlfriend?" he asked. "Yes!" she happily shouted. You and Jordan stared at one another before nodding. The both of you patiently waited in the room until she retrieved the both of you.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend! A-And he kissed me..." Annika's cheeks glowed a bright red. "We're glad everything turned out well," Jordan smiled. "Thank you... if it weren't for you guys, I would have backed away," Annika thanked us. You gave a smile before hugging Annika and soon Jordan joined in. "I'm glad he liked you back," you said. "Me too..." Annika hugged both you and Jordan.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako