The Adoring Scarlet

~Four months later~

You waited in anticipation. Alexis and Jake are visiting Seoul, South Korea to meet up with you, Annika, and Jordan. But here's the thing, she's bringing her baby. You were super excited to meet Scarlet, Alexis's child. "Calm down," Jordan laughed at how excited you were. "What do you mean 'calm down'?! It's a their child, Jordan! I'm- well we're aunts now!" you bounced up and down in your seat. Annika laughed, "I understand you're excited and I am too. After all, it's a baby! Alexis has a child now!" She was showing the same level of excitement. After a few minutes, you spotted Alexis. Without a word, you got up from your seat since your impatient state took over, and you immediately rushed over to the two figures. Soon you stopped right in front the two, shocking them. "Alexis!" you shouted before hugging her. Scarlet was spitting gibberish as the two of you hugged. Alexis quickly adjusted Scarlet in her arms. "She's so beautiful," you stared at Scarlet.

Scarlet's eyes sparked brightly as salvia came out of her mouth. Alexis was quick to wipe the drool. Soon, Jordan and Annika approached Alexis. "Honey, can you hold Scarlet?" Alexis asked. Jake willingly opened his arms. With that, Alexis carefully placed Scarlet into his arms. "She's so cute," you said, watching as Scarlet frantically swerved her fist into the air. Jake laughed, "Right?" "Does she cry a lot?" you asked. It felt like your heart could melt as you watched Scarlet's adorable actions. She opened and closed her hand as if mesmerized by them. Then she let out a little giggles, showing her gums. "No, not really. She's actually a calm baby. Isn't that right?" Jake asked in a baby tone before poking her cheek. Scarlet was quick to take ahold of his finger before letting out sets of giggles. Her tiny fingers clasped over his big finger. "So, you guys don't lose sleep?" you asked, and Jake shrugged. "Not really, sometimes she wakes us up. But all in all, we get enough sleep for the next day," he answered,and you nodded. Soon, Jordan and Annika surrounded Scarlet. They started cooing and interacting with her.

Scarlet seemed overwhelmed with the amount of attention she was getting, or with the two surrounding her. Within a few seconds, she started crying, grabbing mostly everyone's attention at the airport. Alexis quickly took her out of Jake's arms. She shushed Scarlet, but it seemed that it wasn't helping. "So much for not crying as often," you thought before approaching Alexis. You held out you arms and Alexis looked up at you with confusion. "I used to babysit, let me help," you reminded her. Without hesitation Alexis placed Scarlet into your arms. There was so many ways to calm a baby down, and you knew all of them. Since you used to babysit, it helped you learn how to deal with children (Refer to Part Nine). You slowly began to rock Scarlet back in forth in your arms and hummed a sweet melody. Soon Scarlet stopped crying, and opened her eyes. She quietly listened to you hum. As tears continued to fall down her face, you wiped them away. You smiled, seeing you successfully calmed her down. Then you started making funny faces, causing her to go into a spiral of laughter. With ease, you gave Scarlet back to Alexis. "You need to teach me a thing or two about babies," she said. You laughed before nodding. "Will do," you replied.

~After awhile~

You watched as Scarlet crawled around Annika's living room. Soon, you turned to face the others. "She's so cute, but she can get so overwhelmed so easily," Alexis said before glancing at Scarlet. Jake nodded, "But, she's still a happy child. I guess she got overwhelmed because the both of you just suddenly surrounded her." You nodded in agreement with Jake. (Although, you also appeared in front her out of nowhere) "It scared her in a way. You guys didn't approach her in more subtle way, so you came off as intimidating to her," you explained. Annika and Jordan looked at each other. "We're not scary though..." Jordan said. You let out a laugh, "No, no, I mean... like you guys approached her out of the blue, and it made it overwhelmed her." (Again, you did as well) Annika and Jordan nodded slowly, as if slowly processing your words. "So Annika... how's your relationship?" Alexis asked, interested. Annika quickly hid herself, "Everything has been going just fine. Josh has been an amazing boyfriend." You smiled before turning your attention to Scarlet. Soon, you saw her grab a tiny object. You quickly sprung from your position and to her within a second. As she was drawing the object near her mouth, you quickly snatched it from her. Soon, her eyes were looking up at you. You held the object to you and showed it to her before shaking your head. Scarlet spitted out some gibberish before giggling and then crawling away. "The both of you need to be more watchful of Scarlet," you sighed as you placed the object onto the kitchen counter. Alexis and Jake smiled. "We are watchful, but since you're here we can count on you," Jake joked. You let out a laugh. "If you say so," you played along before going to Scarlet. You snatched her into your arms before sitting down on the couch. You bounced her up and down on your leg as you continued your conversation with your best friends and Jake. Sooner or later Scarlet showed more interest in Annika and Jordan. The two of them happily played with her, allowing you to catch up with Alexis and Jake.

~After a while~

Alexis, Jake, and Scarlet had gone to their hotel. You and Jordan also needed to go back home. But for the time you were spending with everyone, you and the others had made plans. Since Alexis and her family planned to stay in Seoul for about two weeks, you, Annika, and Jordan wanted to show them the wonders of Seoul. So, you guys made plans for what to do while they were here. Everyone was also caught up on one another's lives. You honestly enjoyed spending time with Scarlet, and like Jake had claimed, she was a very positive girl. When you returned home, your body was filled with excitement. Not only for spending time with your best friends but also spending time with Scarlet.

You laid on the bed, thinking about the future. "I wonder if Namjoon and I will have kids... if we get married that is," you thought before smiling at the thought of having a family with the love of your life. "They'll be so adorable since they'll have Namjoon's genes... I hope my genes don't ruin their beauty," you thought before scrunching your nose.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako