CHAPTER 4: Family Affair

Jungkook released a breath he didn't know he was holding when the lecturer finally dismissed the class.

Frantically packing his books and looking over to the twins to see them equally rushed. He walked over to them, "We need to leave now."

Fifteen minutes left

Jungkook grabbed their arms and ran out of the door. Starting to feel his other side awaken.

As they ran through the hallways, Jungkook quickly scanned through to find someone, anyone at this point. Desperate eyes quickly spotted one individual that was alone turning towards a lonely alley."There!" Jungkook pointed towards the turn and the twins followed running as fast as they could.

**************

"YN are you coming?"

"Ofcourse I am, I just needed to drop off my assignment with my lecturer. Already did, lets go".

We progressed to walk home to drop off our bags first and go for some ice cream just to pass the evening time. Tomorrow was going to be Saturday anyway so a nice Friday chill was what we needed.

Yoongi walked slightly ahead of me. My books suddenly fell out my bag. I frowned at the zip that suddenly snapped. Yoongi looked back. "Its ok, I'll catch up". I assured him, leaning down to pick up my notebooks.

Yoongi turned into the alley that was generally our shortcut and he froze in his tracks. His eyes widened at what he saw and he placed his hand on his mouth to prevent the air he suddenly held in from making a sound.

There before him, was a sight he never thought he would see. He was definitely not dreaming. Its not possible. He thought to himself.

He was afraid of his own thoughts.

Two words

Two words would turn everyone's lives upside down and more dangerously, it meant something about him would become more evident.

Gemini Twins

Jungkook stood in an attention stance, chanting in another incomprehensible language. While his brothers, fed on a boy who was under some sort of spell.

Yoongi watched as the twins sucked more and more blood out of the human. Two bodies on either side of the human. Each had their fangs sunk into the victim's neck.

Jungkook's eye colour was a glowing purple, same with the twins. His arms stretched out wide as if receiving something from the heavens. As long as he chanted, they could feed.

Feeding was a family affair.

They all had to be present: the Gemini Twins and the Spiritual Protector. It was a ritual that guaranteed their safety and survival. One ritual would take only as long as they were deprived of blood. Though Jungkook himself did not feed on the blood. His brothers shared their synergy with him and as long as they feed, he too would survive.

"Yoongi, thanks for waiting-"

Yoongi turned at lightning speed to the sound of my voice. "Hey, YN...let's take a different route".

"What's the matter? This is a shortcut." I began to walk passed him and he roughly grabbed my wrist yanking me back by force. "Yoongi what the hell are you-" I winced in pain at his forceful action.

"I just..."

He breathed out heavily as though he held his breath for longer than humanly possible. "Look, we need to use a different route now.....I saw....some.....uh.....dangerous men doing drugs in that alley. We cant get in trouble with them." Yoongi hoped I would believe him.

"Ok, ok....Yoongi. I won't fight with you......just .......don't do that again." Yoongi loosened his grip on my wrist slightly. Ashamed of his desperate move. "Did I hurt you?" He looked down at my wrist which had marks from the nails he didn't know had dug into it.

"I'm sorry YN, I just got.....scared there for a moment. I'll make it up to you"

I tore my arm from his grasp and walked the other direction with him following shortly.

************

The twins stumbled back when they had their fill of blood. Both breathing heavily and the envigerating energy and renewal of their existence.

Their fangs retracting slowly but surely as they recovered from their drunken stupor. Jungkook walked towards them and held the victim by both his shoulders, whispering something into his ear that lifted the trance he was in.

When the victim opened his eyes, he was alone in the alley. Confused at the time of his watch, he wondered how long he had been there and how he lost time. There was a blank space in his mind.

Attempting to take a step forward, he fell to the ground incredibly weak. Another attempt sent him back to the ground. He slowly repositioned himself to sit on the ground. Texting his mum his location.

******************