CHAPTER 10: Friday

Jungkook kept flipping through his books for the assignment due on Friday, the frustration he felt was just a tip of the iceberg.

He angrily stood up, shutting his books in frustration and he paced over to the fridge to grab a cold cola. "What's with you?" Taehyung enquired, glancing shortly at Jungkook before going back to his own books.

"Unlike you and Jimin, I actually have to think about this stupid assignment AND the next feeding time, which may I remind you is pretty near."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, "Kookie, this again? You have school to do....focus on that and not us."

"I can't do that Tae, you know that very well".

"Jimin help me out here", Taehyung beckoned Jimin to speak up. Jimin was lost in his own work, writing a piece that he wanted a certain someone to read next time they met at the school park.

Jimin looked up, briefly taking in Taehyung and Jungkook's expressions. "Kookie, I think Tae is right....don't worry too much about us. We don't need blood until-"

"Friday", Jungkook cut him off.

"Friday is when you need to feed and I need to present this assignment on Friday."

"Well can we feed before then?" Jimin asked.

"You know that's not how it works, the time has to be specific...not before or after." Jungkook stressed.

"You don't need to stress it Kookie", Jimin tried to reassure him.

I as your brother, can't let you guys go without feeding. I can't lose any of you.....you're my family". His voice unexpectedly cracked with emotion.

Taehyung and Jimin's eyes both softened at their dongsaeng's words. "Hey" Jimin walked over to him and held him in his arms, Taehyung followed and did the same. Both enveloping him into a hug.

"We won't ever leave you ok?" Jimin continued.

"We are right here" Taehyung picking up from Jimin's line.

"I just want to know why things have to be this way, how did we all end up this way?" He sniffed against his brothers' shirts.

"Whatever we are, we are not normal. I need to find out what happened to us."

"Kookie, baby steps ok?" Taehyung spoke up. "We don't have anyone we can trust for now, we can't go snooping around just yet. Plus we just moved here, we don't know anyone who may or may not be on our side."

"I hate it too". Taehyung continued. "That we have to feed, but lets not rush into it ok?" Jungkook nodded at his hyung's words.

*******************

I was starting to get worried at Yoongi's sudden disappearance. Well.....not really disappearance but since the kiss, we hadn't spoken and I missed him dearly. I didn't see him at school even once the past 3 days. I had hoped to see him and talk things out.

I decided to focus on my assignment and deal with the issue later. Preparing the very last notes for my presentation in a few minutes, I scribbled down my points from the big book Hoseok had given me.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much information it had, but I chose to stick to the main stuff and promised myself to read it later.

Heading to class after a quick wrap up, I met Jimin who looked happy to see me. We both entered class and the professor immediately asked for the presentations to begin.

My turn finally came, I stood up to approach the podium and roughly opened my notes to quickly settle in. Time limit was 5 minutes. I spotted Jimin giving me a cheesy thumbs up which I actually appreciated and smiled at.

"My presentation is about Gemini Twins"

His smile immediately dropped. Instantly replaced by an indifferent expression. I became a little nervous but went on.

"There isn't much information about these mystical creatures, but the highlights are:

1. They are called Gemini Twins because they are born on the first day of Gemini on the Zodiac as twins

2. The powers they possess are still speculated, no one knows yet what their capable of

3. Gemini Twins are special because they are so rare, occurring once every 100 years because nature is resistant to their existence

4. The only way they fool nature is by a blood spell that hides them from view. It has to be performed by their Spiritual Protector."

"That's a great presentation YN, wrap it up in the next 30 seconds". The professor alerted me.

"Currently, there are no Gemini Twins that have been proven to exist. In fact, they are mostly considered as fiction and folklore".

I bowed to the class. "Thank you YN for that presentation."

I noticed Jimin shifted uncomfortably in his seat when I went to seat next to him. I tried my best to ignore and carry on with the class.

*****************

"Hey YN?" Jimin called out to me after class. "Remember I promised you that you could see my works?"

"Ah yes!" My excitement immediately showing. "Can we go to the park?"

Before Jimin could answer, his phones buzzed in his pocket. Opening it to see a text from Jungkook. His eyes widened, forgetting that this was time to feed.

"I.....YN....listen....I will write down my address now because I have to rush somewhere. I will pay for it, just get a cab there". He pulled out his pen and ripped a small paper from his notebook. He wrote his address with shaky hands that became paler and paler as the time passed.

"Jimin, whats wrong with your hands?" I stared intently.

"Not to worry, I just haven't taken my....my medicine. I really have to go YN....come to that address tonight". He reassured me he was fine before practically sprinting out of my sight.

I couldn't help but notice the shadow following him growing clearer and clearer and both disappearing into the crowd and out the school.

****************

I would love some comments and feedback and how y'all find this story