CHAPTER 63: A Little Too Late

Hoseok let out a laughter he hadn't had in such a long time. "You are funny, you know that". He paced around the living room for a while before deciding it was best to seat down lest his knees gave way. He leaned his elbows on his knees and brought both his palms to his face, rubbing it gently. He used his fist to gently hit his forehead. "Hoseok, you heard wrong. This woman is lying to you". He spoke to himself

Dami looked at him, rolling her eyes. "I have no reason to lie to you, not especially if it involves your father".

"I'm sorry 'mother' but I think my ears aren't working very well today, try again tomorrow......when you have something much more believable to say". Hoseok tried to get up out of the seat he had taken earlier to prevent himself from losing his foothold at the sudden, unimaginable news and walk away from Dami but his body was snapped back into place without behind touched. He looked at Dami as she faced her palm towards him to keep him in place.

"Don't use your powers on me, it's a waste........and it's cheesy". He says.

Dami rolls her eyes. "You won't listen to me".

Hoseok chuckled and surrendered. Putting his hands up in the air. "Alright, fine. What was this thing you said again? About my 'father' being here?"

Dami sighed. "Believe me when I say that your father being here is the last thing any one of us needs right now."

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Sure, you scolded me for bringing you back to life and told me to use you only when something worthwhile comes up. But this 'father' thing you are trying with me, I don't appreciate it one bit. I get it ok, I'm a sucker for family and maybe I wanted that my whole life but what change is my father being here going to make when my life hasn't made any change with you around already?"

"We should be weary of him, Hoseok, I can't explain right now but please believe me when I say we should avoid him at all costs".

"Why should I be weary of him, huh? You had no problem pushing me away and now this? God, I've never regretted my decisions more than now. Stop playing this games with me."

Hoseok got up out of the chair and left for his room, shutting the door behind him. His form still leaning on the door before he slides down and covers his face with his palms.

What is this? I have a mother and a father? They never died? He thought he was over it but this news, this just took him back to square one. He hated it, this craving to have a family, to be loved.

"My father is here?" He laughed at the phrase. "He is 20 years too late".

He got interrupted by a sound coming from outside his room. He walked out to check where the noise was coming from. "What are you doing?" He asked his mother Dami. "Casting a spell on the house, to protect it..........to protect you". She hesitated to finish her sentence. Hoseok sensed it and laughed it off. She must be lying, she's doing this to protect herself. "Don't bother casting a spell, after, why would you do that when I mean nothing to you?" Dami turns toward him, he could have sworn he almost saw a spark of emotion flash across her eyes. He looked down and noticed her hands shaking. "You are acting strange you know, keep your spells to yourself, actually use them to protect yourself. You are more afraid of him than I am anyway". Hoseok shook his head and began to walk away again.

"Hoseok...."

He stopped in his tracks without turning to face her. "Whatever will happen in the future, just do one thing......don't die". Her words crept through Hoseok's conscience in an eerie way. He swallowed and cleared his throat. "My life or death is not yours to decide".

"And one more thing, it's a little too late for us to play house now".

He left her sight.

************