CHAPTER 6: Shadow

"What the fuck was that?" Taehyung asked. Squarely looking at Jimin.

"I?" Taehyung interrogated. "Who the fuck is I?"

Jimin looked into Taehyung's eyes. "She was talking to me Tae".

Taehyung scoffed. "I was right here dude".

"Well she obviously couldn't see you". Jimin paused.....looking at Taehyung's equally surprised face. "As it should be".

Jimin turned to walk away from Taehyung, Taehyung following him.

"Jimin something's not right". Taehyung insisted. "I was right here, I'm not saying this to be silly or paranoid."

"Then what is your point?" Jimin grew impatient.

"Ugh never mind, forget it".

Taehyung walked past Jimin who had stood to listen to him. He needed to confirm what had just happened in another way. He took a mental note of that.

************

I breathed as I walked into the restroom. Opening the tap nervously to give my face a good splash of water.

Looking intently at the mirror, the water flowed delicately down my melanated skin. Shutting my eyes to see that shadow again. I'm surprised I kept my cool the entire time I spoke to Jimin.

I opened my eyes as I realized he was actually talking to it before I spoke to him. Is that why he looks like he talks to himself? I shook my head.

Ugh I must be foolish assuming so much about a person I just met here. Mind your own business YN.

**************

I opened the door to the restroom to head back to class, hoping I would find the class practically over. A hand tapped on my shoulder, thinking it was Jimin, I turned around quickly. "Hey Jim-" My expression normalized seeing it was someone else.

"I'm sorry to bother you", the guy said. But have you seen my brother? My name is Taehyung and Jimin is my brother's name."

"Oh I just spoke to him a few moments ago. I left him in the park area".

Jimin has a brother? I mentally processed this new information.

But something about the way this Taehyung guy looked at me brought unease to my very being. He looked like he was trying to figure out something.

But that didn't worry me as much as the shadow I saw around him too. My eyes gazed at it for a while, long enough to compel Taehyung to break my trance. "Hey are you okay?"

Meeting his eyes, I simply nodded. "Excuse me". I turned into the classroom to grab my bag and head home. A home I suddenly didn't want to get to because I lived alone and Yoongi being so busy with his projects wasn't helping my situation. I would have called him over easily, he just lives down the street after all. But it just sounds stupid to ask him to come over, he has a life too.

***********