CHAPTER 7: You are not Anyone

I shut the door to my house tightly. I'm not seeing things right? This is ridiculous, I'm probably just hallucinating because I'm tired. I looked over at my wrist watch, past 6PM.

I know I need a shower right now, perhaps I will feel better. Hopping into the small but cozy shower space, I relished in the calming effect of the warm water against my skin.

That 15 minute shower made me forget the day's events as I had hoped. Moving on into my bedroom, I decide to reach for my phone but heard a knock on the door, immediately freaking me out. I put on a bath robe quickly and checked through the peep hole. Immediately relaxing when I saw Yoongi's face.

I opened the door. "Hey, Yoongi oppa.....I wasn't expecting you here today."

Yoongi scrunched up his nose, "Its your birthday today silly".

"Ah".....I face palmed myself. "Completely forgot that day exists"

"I always remember for you, your memory sucks.....do you even know like how old you are?"

"Don't be harsh now, I know I'm 18". I gave him way to come in. Excusing myself to go get changed from my bath robe. Yoongi sat on the couch. Still meticulously hiding his gift.

I showed up after a brief while and joined him on the couch. "Food?" I asked. "I actually ordered for us," he said. "Should be here any minute."

Which it did. We had a meal together and his company made me forget how weird and scary today was. We caught up on a few stories since he had been busier than anticipated.

After the meal, Yoongi sat up and turned to face me on the couch. "YN, I got you something for your birthday".

"You didn't have to, we are close and I'm a simple person."

"I had to for that very reason" Yoongi spoke as he pulled out of his pocket a small box, handing it to me. I cocked my head to the side in confusion but opened the box nonetheless.

In it was a bracelet. "Oh its pretty". I laid it over my hand to see the intricate design. "It was my grandmother's. She passed it on to my mother."

"Why are you passing it on to me?" I asked, feeling slightly guilty that a piece of their family history is now with me. "Its girly!" He exclaimed, completely catching me off guard with such a simple statement. "You know very well that I don't have sisters, only a brother so you kinda get where I'm going with this yes?"

"But its your family's history Yoongi, you don't just give it away to anyone".

"You are not anyone".

He looked dead serious into my eyes, as if he was trying to say something important but couldn't or wouldn't.

Leaning closer, dangerously close, he cupped my left cheek. His lips inches from mine. A short but intense debate going on in his mind. He decided to go for it and meet my lips with his.

He was warm, familiar, his lips were soft but....

I pulled away gently after a moment of blank. "Yoongi-"

"I now know you don't feel the same way about me, I had to try. Now I got my answer." He stood up to leave. "Yoongi I'm so sorry".

"Don't be, we've been friends for a long time and I wouldn't want that to change despite what just happened. I had a question and I got an answer. There is nothing for you to feel guilty about." He smiled but I could see him straining behind it.

"Oh and I think that bracelet would look good on you, I hope you can wear it". He said before shutting the door after him.

************