CHAPTER 59: Mirrors

JACKSON POV

It felt so great to finally be able to interact with the environment after being in spirit form since Namjoon called upon my name. I intend to make this permanent ofcourse. Drinking blood is only a temporary solution but oh how thd taste of Seokjin's blood almost made me lose control. I have made a mental note to find a different source before I can find a witch or warlock to make my stay permanent. I kept on looking at Seokjin's sleeping form. "Jin", I said out loud but not loud enough to make him wake. I gently caressed his cheek as I watched him breathe.

Seokjin opened his eyes slowly as the light from outside shined into the bedroom. His eyes moved from one side to the other as he registered that he was actually in bed, finally focussing on a blurry looking figure until his sight came into focus. "Namjoon?"

Up until he said that name, I was smiling at his sleeping form. Up until he said that name, I was content with the sight before me. Last night, after I had come down from my high on his blood, I felt alive again and remembered how much I had loved him. His blood, it held our memories.

His scent, the feel of his touch, it all came back to me. Since last night, I was on a constant high until I fell asleep right next to him and for the past one or two hours I just stared at his sleeping form until-

"Namjoon?"

Fuck. That goddamn name. Why? Why mention it now?

The look of content on my face had vanished as soon as I heard it, with my smile disappearing immediately. Next thing I felt was his lips on mine so suddenly. Almost in the blink of an eye, my thoughts of disdain towards Namjoon disappeared. I kissed him back hungrily and longingly. "I'm glad you are ok", he spoke after he broke the kiss. "I thought something went wrong last night, are the twins ok?"

I nodded at his question. He hugged me afterwards. "Thank you for saving them, they are still young and have their whole life ahead of them. Given the circumstances, I'm just glad we made it through one hurdle together despite me knowing almost nothing about their nature". He pulled back after a short while, looking into my eyes lovingly. "Please don't scare me like that again". He held my cheek with his left hand. "I love you, Namjoon".

I felt my blood boil. Why can't see me? Jin, I'm right here! It's me, Jackson, your first love! I felt my brain scream at him. My smile dropped as I got off the bed abruptly, confusing him. "Did I do something wrong?"

I could only contain my anger for so long. "No, I'm going to the bathroom. Go downstairs, I made you breakfast".

He complied and left me alone as I proceeded to the bathroom. I walked in and stopped at the mirror, taking in Namjoon's reflection staring back at me.

I opened the tap and poured some water on my face. I looked back into the mirror and my eyes lingered on his reflection. I grabbed the sink firmly, holding so hard it could almost break. His reflection is mocking me, knowing I can't get Jin to really see me. I punched the mirror multiple times until it entirely shatters to the floor.

The daze I was in must have made me not notice Jin had come back up stairs because of the noise.

"N....Namjoon?"

"Don't call me that", Jackson spoke under his breath but Jin heard nothing.

"Are you ok? What happened here?"

Jin tried to walk around the glass to try to get closer but do many pieces had spread far and wide, he couldn't.

"No more mirrors", Jackson said.

"What?"

Jackson got up walking to Jin, not minding the shards of glass getting into his feet. Jin gasped at his actions. "You will get hurt!" But it falls deaf ears. Jackson got closer to Jin and repeated himself before walking away.

"I said no more mirrors".

****************