CHAPTER 36: Ten Years Doesnt Matter

Seokjin's hands scrambled in his side drawer. He had run to his office in the night.

"Where the fuck is it?" He checked frantically for a little small diary. He checked a third drawer and finally breathed out a sigh if relief. Flipping the pages frantically and dialling a number nervously.

A ringtone on the other end heightened his senses. He waited anxiously. To be honest, he was surprised this number still works.

"Hello?" A calm, deep voice came through.

Seokjin heard the voice on the other end and his knees almost gave way.

He still has the same number?

"Hello?" The voice said again. Snapping Seokjin out of his temporal trance.

"N...Namjoon?"

"Jinnie? Is that you?" Namjoon instinctively spoke.....caring not that its been so long.

He still had the same number ten years later and oh god he used that sweet little nickname that was always music to his ears. Such an endearing name.

"I...I....need to see you right now. Its really important."

On the other side of the line Namjoon raised his brows. "Why?"

"I will tell you when I meet you-"

"When you meet who?"

Seokjin's body jerked in surprise at Hoseok sudden presence.

"Who are you going to see at this time of night Jin?"

"I.....I.."

Namjoon could hear the sudden strain in Seokjin's voice.

Something is not right.

He doesn't care how long he has been apart from Seokjin. His gut was screaming at him to go after his Jinnie.

"You think I wouldn't notice if my own lover left our warm bed in the middle of the night?"

Namjoon could feel the rage definitely building within him.

"I....c...came into the office...to....um....check for some files". Seokjin swallowed hard, hoping Hoseok would buy his lies.

"Don't lie to me Jin, you and I both know what happens if you do". Hoseok's voice was gruff and low.

Its at that point that Namjoon followed his gut. He wasn't going to allow anyone, no matter who they were, to hurt his first love......Seokjin.

He mentally took note of Seokjin's location. There was only one Sheriff's office in the whole town, it was a small town after all.

He quickly headed for the front door, stepping out into the cold chilly night. He didn't care enough to carry a coat.

His heart rate raced when he heard Seokjin's panicked breathing. Keeping his phone by his ear as he ran in the direction leading to the office.

He could feel his blood boil at a temperature that would kill a normal human when he heard Hoseok speak.

"Give me the phone". He demanded.

"I...I'm telling the truth Hoseok, I w..would never lie to you." Seokjin replied shakily.

"Well guess we have to do things my way...."

Namjoon growled when the phone went silent with a lingering hang up tone.

"Fuck!"

Namjoon picked up speed. His was faster than a normal human....he was supernatural after all.

He didn't care that he might not know what he was dealing with. He just wanted Seokjin to be safe.

********

"Seokjin!" Namjoon broke into the Sheriff's office, not caring that its illegal.

It was cold inside, the lights off and a cool wind blew off the papers from the table as the moonlight shone in. He shakily switched on the light, looking down to the floor spotting drops of blood that grew bigger and bigger in size as he walked towards the main desk.

Many papers blew off the table except one, specifically pinned to the table.

Come after me and I will kill you

It was a note. Whoever took Seokjin knew I would come for him. He unpinned it from the desk. "No, I prefer killing you instead". Namjoon cranked up the piece of paper in his hand and threw it onto the floor.

He placed his finger on some blood that spilt onto the table and closed his eyes firmly. Chanting quietly as he read the blood.....a pathway opening in his mind. He opened his eyes to reveal a green lantern colour in this eyes that glowed in the dark.

"I'm coming Jin, just wait a little."