CHAPTER 8: Librarian

Last night was....not expected. It was so sudden, I had never seen that side of Yoongi before. I never thought he had feelings for me.

I felt terrible for not returning it. He has been a good friend to me for so long, I thought we were practically siblings.

My thoughts kept jumping back and forth between the kiss and the class I had to prepare for. I briefly glanced at the bracelet he gave me, deciding to wear it another time. I felt awkward for now.

I still had 2 hours before my first class, which I thought spending in the library would get my mind off last night.

Rushing out my house to get there early to get a nice seat, I had hoped I wont see Yoongi. At least for today.

************

I stepped into the library silently but quickly. The library was pretty empty, not what I was expecting. Nonetheless, I settled my things and walked around to look for a recommended textbook for African History class.

Sweeping my hand gently across the books that sat still across the shelf. My hand stopped at one. Attempting to pull it out, a hand landed on mind to stop me.

My head snapped looking at the male figure on my left surprisingly, I wasn't sure how to react to the awkward happening. His fingers were long and slender his pale skin contrasted against my dark mahogany one. The feeling of his inner hand was soft and warm.

"Not that one". His voice was gentle and sweet. Almost hypnotic. He gently lifted my hand off the book, took it in his and led me 3 books to the left. My body automatically taking a step in his direction. "This one". He placed my hand on the right book.

"Th...thank you". I stuttered, obviously flustered by the sudden skinship.

"My pleasure, if you want to pass African History class, this is your best bet". He said.

I nodded, acknowledging his words. "How rude of me to suddenly touch a woman without at least affording her my name.....Hoseok". He spoke so eloquently and it was melodic at best.

"Its fine, you were just trying to help. Thank you again. I'm YN". He took out his hand for an official handshake. I took it.

"I'm the librarian here, feel free to ask me if you need anything".

I nodded. "I sure will". I started to walk away but stopped.

"How did you know I took African History?"

"Im a librarian, its easy to see what you were looking for". He smirked.

"I asked a dumb question", I spoke embarrassingly.

"Not to worry, that's why I'm here....to take all your dumb questions". He teased.

I giggled at his words, not offended at all by his teasing. He motioned for me to go ahead and study as I had initially planned.

*************

An hour passed, I had made notes on a few topics we were to cover in class. I walked up to the desk that Hoseok was on.

"Excuse me, I would like to borrow this book". I had realized I had a lot more to study and make notes on and I mentally cursed at myself for not thinking of coming to the library sooner. I took out my student ID for him.

"Sure, you can have it for two weeks". He explained as he swiped my ID, feeding my information into the system. He opened the book to create a tag on which a date of return is indicated.

"Are you having a test?" He continued to make small talk.

"No, we have an assignment due this Friday. We pick up a topic that we want to discuss and each students makes a presentation on it."

"Interesting, chosen a topic yet?"

"Actually no, that's why I need this book".

He nodded in understanding. "Here you go."

"Thank you again for your help today".

"Sure thing". He smiled, earning a smile from me.

****************