CHAPTER 43: One Of Us

I woke up with IV tubes on my left arm. Eyes adjusting to the bright white light that graced the room. I opened my mouth , only realizing how dry and scratchy my throat felt. A small cough left my lips as I attempted to sit up.

"You shouldn't move". I looked up and realized Jimin's Uncle, Namjoon had been by my bedside. He handed me a small bottle of water, already opened. A look of confusion on my face. "Where's-"

"They are safe at home, don't worry." He quickly said.

"A...at home? Why not here?"

He gave me an unreadable look. "They can't be here for obvious reasons."

He realized how confused I still looked. "You don't really seem to know do you?"

Namjoon scooted his chair closer.

"I will make this simple for you.....number 1...Jimin and Taehyung are Gemini Twins. It means they are not human, so human medicine cannot treat them. Number 2....you are a witch....a blood witch to be specific."

He spoke so easily, not caring about the shock that crept up on my face.

"A...a....b...blood witch? I don't understand".

He laughed. It was amusing to him. "I felt it when I touched you". He proceeded to take one of my hands into his own. "Your energy, both positive and negative is so attractive to Gemini Twins". He spoke darkly, giving me an uneasy feeling. I attempted to slip my hand out of his but he held on tightly. I was weak so I chose not to fight.

I made the mistake of looking into his eyes. He looked straight into mine and a shiver ran through my whole body.

"Why are you telling me this?" I spoke timidly....barely a whisper but he picked it up.

"There is more", he smile mischievously. "More that you can't even comprehend". He stood up to leave. "I will send someone up to make sure you recover". He smiled, this time warmly but that did not change how uncomfortable his presence made.

*********************

"Oh my god Namjoon!" Seokjin ran up to the door and hugged him as tears fell. "Jungkook he-"

"I know". He replied and walked past Seokjin to enter the room in which he lay.

Seokjin had immediately called Namjoon when he saw Jungkook stop levitating and fall to the floor. He panicked and after checking him, he realized he wasn't breathing. He tried CPR but that failed. He couldn't call the police because he himself was the fucking Sheriff and he knew this will create a bigger problem.

He watched as Namjoon slowly opened the door to reveal a motionless Jungkook lying on the floor. Walking towards his figure he cursed under his breath. He knew what this meant......what it would change.

"Namjoon....please say something".

He knelt down and touched Jungkook's chest to discover all life had left him. He felt nothing, no essence, no energy, nothing.

"He is dead". Namjoon spoke, voice not wavering one bit.

"This is all my fault, I allowed Hoseok to go this far.....I should have never-"

"Never...." Namjoon stood up and turned to Seokjin, pulling him into his embrace....."ever blame yourself".

"You don't understand, I played a part in all this....blinded and manipulated by Hoseok. I should have let him just kill me instead".

Namjoon's gaze grew dark and unsettling. "No one gets to you without getting through me". Namjoon once again breathed in Seokjin's scent....something that Seokjin found to be unlike Namjoon.

"I will protect you always".

"And the Twins?"

Namjoon swallowed before answering. "....And the Twins too".

"Where are they?"

"I brought them home".

Seokjin felt his heart drop. "Do they know?"

Namjoon shook his head.

"Know what?"

Seokjin jumped at the new voice he heard at the door. Namjoon's eyes equally widening when he realized they would wake up by now.

Namjoon looked up to see a weak Taehyung holding onto the door frame for support. He was breathing raggedly and still disoriented.

Namjoon pulled Seokjin behind him in an attempt to hide Jungkook's body.  "Taehyung....listen to me"....Namjoon began to speak but he was too late.

Taehyung was already running towards Jungkook. He stumbled down onto the floor. His vision was still disoriented and blurry.

"Jungkook, its time to wake up....you have been out too long". He gently shook his shoulders.

"I promise we didn't go anywhere, please". Taehyung could feel his face on fire.

"Tae..." Seokjin this time tried to speak up. Taehyung ignored him completely, tuning him out when he traced his fingers along Jungkook's chest.

"He is......gone". Seokjin managed to finish even though it was breaking his heart to say it. He had to.

"G.....gone?" Another voice at the doorway broke the in between silence. Before Namjoon or Seokjin could register the new situation, Jimin was already by Jungkook's side.

"Kookie?" Jimin breathed. ""This is a prank right? You are just sleeping right?"

Jimin breathed painfully as he held on to Jungkook's hand. It was really as cold as ice.

Namjoon intently looked on, he had a feeling.....and he was 99% sure that the change Jungkook's death would bring will be one hell of a ride.

*****************