CHAPTER 38: I Will Never Leave

Taehyung rushed to help Jimin lift Jungkook to place him on the bed.

"What the hell happened?!" Taehyung screamed at Jimin without thinking, making Jimin flinch.

"J...Jungkook was feeding on YN a...and I saw him collapse afterward. Something is wrong Taehyung, I can't feel Jungkook anymore".

"We just got him back and now this?!" Taehyung exclaimed. "U...Uncle N..Namjoon, he will know what to do." Taehyung scrambled out of the bedroom to look for Namjoon.

He panicked as he quickly noticed Namjoon was nowhere to be found. He dialed his number. His hand shakily holding the phone to his ear.

It went straight to voicemail.

************

Namjoon groaned heavily as the pool of blood by his side grew wider.

"N...Namjoon"......Seokjin paused to breathe. "You are losing a lot of blood".

He tried to scoot closer to him but the chains he was bound in did not allow even an inch.

"J....Jinnie....d...don't worry about me. I just want you to be safe." He breathlessly spoke.

"Such a dummy, that's why I told you to leave while Hoseok was being nice."

Namjoon mastered all the strength he could to crawl across his own pool of blood to get as close to Seokjin as he could and sat up next to Seokjin even though his body was screaming in pain. He ignored, it, he had to because right now in this moment, he wanted to protect Seokjin instead.

"You know I can never do that because I love you.....I would never leave you behind". Seokjin felt a huge wave of pain at those words. Tears already stinging his eyes.

"I lied to you". Seokjin suddenly said.

Namjoon wasn't sure of those were words he wanted to hear right now.

"Seokjin..."

"I didn't leave you because I wanted to, but because I was forced."

"What are you talking about?" Namjoon winced in pain with every breath he took.

"Hoseok..he...he....forced me to leave you....he threatened to kill you if I didn't comply. That night, at the bridge.....I didn't mean what I said."

Namjoon felt his heart break that Seokjin believed such a ridiculous threat. "And you believed him enough to give up on us?"

"I never told you this when we were together, but I'm a Gemini, Hoseok wouldn't have been able to kill me back then, I would have protected both myself and you".

"You have no idea what Hoseok is capable of and how much he knows. I couldn't let him hurt you and not knowing the reason why drove me insane." Seokjin countered.

"I have to stop him somehow, he wants my nephews, why?" Namjoon asked.

"I don't know either, but we have to stop him. That's why I called you, he was planning to kill you and the Twins."

Namjoon took his bloody hand off his stomach. He realized Hoseok put something in those bullets that stopped him from healing himself.

He grunted as he tried to get up. "What are you trying to do?" Seokjin panicked at Namjoon's sudden movement. "The more you move, the more blood you lose".

Namjoon's bloody hands grabbed Seokjin's chained ones and chanted a small spell that both unlocked the chains and the door simultaneously. He grunted in pain as he breathed deeply.

"W...what are you doing?"

"You have to get out of here Seokjin."

"No, I'm not leaving you again!". Seokjin panicked even more.

"Jinnie......" Namjoon placed both his hands on either of Seokjin's cheeks.

"Listen to me carefully". His forehead leaning on Seokjin's for support. "I now know why you left and it was completely not your fault. I know you were trying to protect me even when you didn't need to. You are only human......I could have saved you from him if only I knew. But right now, I can't let him get away with how much he has hurt you. When all this is over, I promise I will always protect you".

"You are hurt, you can't even move, please don't do this. We don't know what he put in those bullets".

"I will channel my dead brother to help me heal." Namjoon tried to reassure Seokjin.

"You can do that? How?"

"I can still feel him even though its faint. His spirit still lingers because I'm still alive. Don't worry about me Jinnie, you need to leave now. I promise I will be right behind you." Namjoon turned away but Seokjin pulled him into a kiss.

He breathed against Namjoon's lips. "Keep your promise. Please don't leave me."

"Never". Namjoon replied.

Seokjin kissed him once more. "I love you, please come back to me." He hesitantly left Namjoon's side. Limping his way out of the cellar.

Namjoon looked up as Seokjin left. Tears filling his eyes, he didn't know his plan would work after what he did.

****************