CHAPTER 48: Nobody Wins.....

Seokjin lazily squirmed in bed, stretching out his arm to feel for Namjoon but pouted slightly when he felt an empty space. His eyes were still shut and only opened after he had registered the situation. “Joonie?”

He slowly got out of bed, taking a moment to stretch. He walked out the door after making sure he had on some clothes. He heard a sound in the kitchen. He turned and headed there. As he got closer he suddenly frowned at the sound which now was strange.....as though someone was puking.

“Joonie?” He got closer to the door. The sound never stopped. He finally got a view of Namjoon, seemingly bending slightly over the sink making puking noises. “Namjoon, are you ok?” Seokjin asked, now scared at the behaviour Namjoon displayed.

No reply. He walked towards Namjoon’s back but almost jumped out of his own skin when Namjoon turned to face him in a straightened form. “Seokjin? What are you doing here?”

Seokjin looked at Namjoon suspiciously. “I…um….I thought I heard something and you seemed hurt, did you have an upset stomach this morning?”

“What? Nonsense, never felt better. I’m perfectly fine”. Namjoon took Seokjin’s hand and placed it on his chest.

Seokjin wasn’t convinced. He eyed Namjoon up and down and sighed. Maybe it was everything that was going on with the Twins and Jungkook and him finally being with Namjoon again, he is probably imagining more than what reality is showing him.

“I’m sorry”, Seokjin breathed out. “I think I’m just a little overwhelmed with that’s everything going on”.
Namjoon pulled him into a hug and gently caressed his back. The touch almost instantaneously comforting to Seokjin.

“I will fix everything, I have to, for all of us”. He breathed in Seokjin’s scent. He was incredibly addicting and he resisted every urge in him to take Seokjin again.

Seokjin had felt Namjoon’s grip on him tighten. “Joonie?”

“You so smell so good and you are so warm”. Namjoon said.

“You said that last night too.” Seokjin smiled over Namjoon’s shoulder.

“Perks of being alive”. Namjoon said.

“What?” Seokjin was slightly confused.

“SSSShhhh lets stay like this just for a moment longer. Someone is coming to the house tonight”.

“Who is?”

“Someone extremely important”.

*************

Namjoon tightly squeezed Seokjin’s hand as they both headed towards the Twin’s bedroom. They had to make funeral arrangements for Jungkook but first they needed to talk to both the Twins.

“Are you sure now is the time?” Seokjin was truly worried. He is regretful he never got to meet and bond with Namjoon’s nephews sooner and right at the moment when he and Namjoon had just found each other……..everything had flipped upside down.

He knew this world was not normal, he knew supernatural powers existed. But as a human, had it not been for Hoseok’s coercion, he would have preferred to live a normal human life.

“We have to bury the boy, his Spirit is still lingering. I can feel him and he won’t let go of the Twins until the Twins let go of him".

Namjoon however, left out one important piece of information. Something only he needed to know for now.

Seokjin looked up at him and nodded. The both of them first fetching Jimin from Jungkook’s room. He had slept there because he felt his Spirit there the most and also, Taehyung wouldn’t let him near Jungkook’s body.

He had grieved in loneliness, unable to make physical contact with Jungkook, this made him weary and unusually tired.

He just nodded and followed his uncle and Seokjin when they called for him at the door. Walking behind them, fresh tears prepared to leave his eyes the closer he got to the bedroom him and Taehyung once shared.

Jimin flinched when he heard Namjoon’s voice break through the silence. “Taehyung, open this door, we need to talk”.

Taehyung did open the door, eyes darting between Namjoon, Seokjin and finally resting on Jimin. A look of disgust immediately making its way to his face he tried to slam the door in their faces but Namjoon immediately blocked the door. “You know you have to do this Tae, don’t make this any more difficult for the rest of us. Come downstairs and please just listen to what we have to say”. Namjoon tried his best to keep his voice calm.

Taehyung sighed. He look at Seokjin’s pleading eyes and even though he hadn’t known the man at all, he somehow managed to touch a soft spot in the boy’s heart, ultimately feeling bad for what he did to him last night. Totally undeserved. He let go of the door and signaled he would be right down.

The three men first headed downstairs with Seokjin sitting next to Jimin and solemnly comforting him by rubbing circles on his back. Namjoon made some coffee for everyone, knowing they were all worn out from the day before. Seokjin thankfully took the mug from Namjoon and also urged Jimin to take a sip from his.

Taehyung finally came downstairs, tightly carrying Jungkook in his arms. Jimin looked up and fidgeted in his seat. Taehyung sat on the opposite sofa, never letting go of Jungkook.

Namjoon cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention. “Yesterday was….” He looked over at both Jimin and Taehyung. “We have to bury Jungkook”. He bluntly said. Trying not to waste any more time or drag the situation any further. Both the Twin’s heads snapped up towards their uncle. “B…bury?” Jimin was the first to speak. “He is dead, Jimin”. I need to perform a burial spell.

Jimin stood up. “C…can I at least touch him?” He walked towards a very annoyed Taehyung that selfishly clung onto Jungkook. “No!” He screamed at Jimin. “You are the reason he is dead!”

“Taehyung!” Namjoon was having enough of this behaviour. “Jungkook is also Jimin’s brother, let him touch him”. Taehyung scoffed and hesitantly let go of Jungkook, angrily standing up to go anywhere that didn’t have Jimin’s presence.

A doorbell shifted everyone’s attention except Jimin who quietly rocked Jungkook’s body back and forth as his tears silently fell. He tried to feel Jungkook’s energy…..almost non-existent.

Namjoon walked over to the door and opened it. “Ah Miss Yoohyeon, come in”. No one in the living room paid any particular attention to the name. But Jimin’s head shortly snapped up when he heard his uncle say “YN, we have been expecting you”.

“YN?” Jimin looked up intently at me as I walked into the living room right after the nurse. I stopped in my tracks when I noticed Jimin on the sofa. “Jimin?”

I was happy, ecstatic almost when my gaze lingered down to the figure Jimin was holding in his arms.
Namjoon noticed and attempted to explain the situation as best he could. “YN, Jungkook is dead”. My gaze remained fixed on Jungkook. My whole body was stiff, I couldn’t move.

******************