CHAPTER 41: Reborn

It had become dark and cold.....much much colder than it already was. Namjoon's lifeless body lay on the cellar floor motionless. His blood already dried up on the floor.

Silence......a deafening silence reigned supreme.

Jackson was gone. The spell was already ended. Now nothing remained...no one....

Until......

Namjoon's fingers started to twitch. Another one followed and another when suddenly Namjoon took a deep breath and became conscious.

His eyes widened when he realized he was alive again. He lifted himself off the floor and breathed in a deep fresh breath of new life.

He was unbelievably relieved. He tried to move and stopped. Hands scrambling to lift up his shirt and found no wound and no blood......immediately realizing he was healed.

"It worked! The spell worked!"

But then he realized the last events before he "died".

"Seokjin!"

He got up off the floor and raced out the cellar door. The house was empty, he guessed as much it was Hoseok's.

"I have to go back to the house first." He rushed out immediately, only hopping at least the Twins would be ok.

******************

Seokjin looked on at the door that was busted through at the Gemini house. Even though he was in serious pain, he wanted to make sure the boys were not hurt.

He peeked into the living room, shattered glass, wood and blood everywhere. Every step he took assured him that they were already gone, that Hoseok got to them first. He breathed deeply as he thought through his and Hoseok's conversations. He needed a clue.

His thoughts were interrupted by a low whimpering upstairs. It was so faint that Seokjin's own hearing surprised him.

"Hello?" Seokjin called out.

"Anyone here?!" This time he called out louder. He rushed upstairs, ignoring his own injuries.
He busted through two doors before coming to a third where the whimpering was clearer.

Seokjin slowly opened the door. What he saw forced his breathing to stop.

Jungkook was levitating midair in a sleeping position his night robe covered in blood. Seokjin got closer and discovered his skin cut in many places.

"Jungkook?" Seokjin got closer to him. His eyes widened at the vibrant purple colour that flashed across his eyes, tears rolling down but never blinking.

Seokjin tried to shake his shoulders even though he was floating mid-air. Jungkook never flitched, not once.

"He is in a trance". Seokjin whispered to himself. He stepped back. Looking around for some clues. His head snapped back when he heard another whimper. He rushed back to Jungkook and observed a cut being made on the left side of his chest. Seokjin gasped in horror as he recognized the symbol.

"The devil's mark"......he breathed......"Hoseok is about to kill the Gemini Twins!"

He rushed out the door to Jungkook's bedroom, ran down the stairs but stopped in his tracks. "N....Namjoon?"

A figure stood at the bottom of the stairs looking up at him.

"Seokjin?"

"Namjoon!" Seokjin ran down the stairs and fell into Namjoon's arms.

Namjoon couldn't believe how warm Seokjin was, his temporal death truly made him forget how warm life was......most especially Seokjin.

Namjoon breathed him in as he hugged him impossibly tight. Seokjin gasped at the gesture, remembering the pain from his injuries. "Seokjin".

Namjoon breathed out a name other than his own for the first time since his "death". Seokjin got chills down his spine. Namjoon sounded different to him.

He slowly pulled away from him and kissed him. Seokjin wasn't expecting it but he kissed him back nonetheless. After a brief gentle kiss, Seokjin slowly pulled away, holding both sides of Namjoon's cheeks. "What happened? How did you-"

Namjoon slowly lifted his shirt to show his stomach. Seokjin's gaze followed his action, his eyes widening when he saw there was no wound. "Namjoon! Oh my god, how-"

"I healed myself". Namjoon grabbed Seokjin's left hand and placed it on his stomach. "See? I'm not hurt anymore".

Seokjin smiled happily with tears of joy rolling down his cheeks. "I thought I lost you!"

"You wont ever have to worry about that. I'm here to stay." Namjoon smiled back at Seokjin almost cynically.

Seokjin snapped out of his brief happy moment and remembered the current situation.

"Namjoon, Jungkook is in danger right now". Seokjin said, causing Namjoon's brows to raise. He grabbed his hand and quickly led him up the stairs.

Namjoon rushed over and pried open Jungkook's already hanging robe and notice the devil's mark almost complete on his chest.

He turned to Seokjin but his expression was completely unreadable. Seokjin anticipated a response.

"Once the mark is complete, Jungkook will die."

Seokjin's eyes widened. "We have to leave now and save them from the sacrifice". Namjoon continued.

"I will do a teleportation spell because we don't have much time."

"Let me go with you, you might need help".

Namjoon looked at Seokjin. "No, stay here."

"But what if Hoseok or Yoongi hurt you?" Seokjin spoke up with already cloudy eyes.

Namjoon placed both his hands on Seokjin's cheeks. "Sshhhh, listen to me. I can't have Hoseok use you against me again.....besides....I will need someone to watch over Jungkook to make sure he stays alive".

Seokjin was starting to understand Namjoon's perspective.

"Ok, I will stay". He said hesitantly but he knew it was for the best.

Namjoon smiled at Seokjin and he smiled back. "Thank you for listening to me".

And before Seokjin could respond, Namjoon quickly chanted a teleportation spell and disappeared into thin air in seconds.