CHAPTER 28: We Are Not Human

The trio ran through the forest in search of Jungkook. Going on nothing but feeling and instinct. Jimin was the first to stop. "We need to split up, we can find him faster that way".

"No! Its too dangerous for the two of you, we stick together", Namjoon insisted.

"Jungkook, just where are you?" Jimin was stressed. His fall out with Taehyung, which they are both yet to resolve, only made him feel worse.

Taehyung had started to feel guilty at how he lashed out at Jungkook. "So stupid", he said to himself. "I'm such an idiot". He knocked his head with his own hand in a rebuking fashion.

They almost gave when Namjoon shouted "Over there!" He rushed over to a passed out Jungkook. The twins following right after.

"He is cold," Namjoon lifted him. "Can we get him to a hospital?" Taehyung asked.

Namjoon paused to look at Jungkook. "We can't".

"Why? He needs medical help!" Jimin exclaimed.

"I'll explain later, first we get him home. I will treat him." Namjoon reassured Jimin.

*****************

Jungkook lay still with shallow breathing.

Namjoon was by his side treating him and Jimin on the other side.

Taehyung wasn't there. He waited outside. The guilt consumed him that he couldn't look at Jungkook in that state.

Namjoon carefully injected a serum into Jungkook's left arm. "What are you giving him?"

"He needs it, don't worry about it. He will be fine in no time".

"I still think we should take him to the hospital". Jimin insisted.

"Taking him to the hospital would expose us Jimin. His blood is not that of a human and neither is ours."

"We are not human?"

"No......real humans cannot do the things we can do". Namjoon spoke calmly as he continued the treatment.

"What are those things?"

"We can talk another time, let's get Jungkook back on his feet first ok?"

Jimin left Jungkook's room. "How is he?" Taehyung asked him as he closed the door.

"Now you care? You didn't seem to before". Jimin started to walk away.

"Listen I don't know whats wrong with me"

Jimin had to laugh. He folded his arms. He could not believe it. He turned around to face Taehyung.

"That's a bloody good excuse, when did you get dumb enough to think I would believe that?" Jimin looked and Taehyung squarely.

Taehyung's eyes fell. "I sound pathetic I know".

"Pathetic? More like psycho. You slept with a girl I love and you got Jungkook hurt. Who knows what would have happened if he stayed in the forest any longer. Just what person have you become huh? What version of you is this?"

Taehyung's eyes stayed fixed to the floor.
"If you will excuse me, I need to get some water for Jungkook". Jimin once again turned away from Taehyung to head to the kitchen.

"I bit her".

Jimin froze in his tracks, his back still facing Taehyung. He thought he heard wrong.

"You what?"

"I b...bit her. That's why both of you cant remember what happened that night."

Jimin turned back again for the nth time to face Taehyung.

"I don't know how I did it but....."

Taehyung was sent to the floor by a punch to the face. "You took over me that's what the bloody hell you did. You are honestly disgusting Tae. How could you? My thoughts and feelings belong to me only and you dare take away a precious moment from me?!"

Jimin tried to breathe deeply to calm himself. A door opened to reveal Namjoon taking out some used syringes and towels. "What the hell is going on here?! Both you know not to act this way especially at a time like this. Have some priorities for once!" He went back into the room.

"You and I will talk another time". He left for the kitchen

 He left for the kitchen