🌹Three

Birthday Rogue

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Crimson
A month and a half later.

I knew that she was alive. They both were, I felt it that day as they laid her to rest. Except she was very much awake. My grandparents are watching over me.

I know it.

So instead of grieving over the loss I felt, I kept a smile on my face because I knew that I was not alone. She was not here physically but she was here in her glorious spirit's form.

They both were.

Staring at their picture in front of me now, I could feel their presence. Grandma was a beauty as she clung to my grandpa. He was not too bad himself, he just looked kind of scary with those eyebrows. Damn.

Two guns hung at her side in holsters and grandpa wore a devious smirk that looked evil. This picture brought back memories of the day she revealed their story to me.

God, they were so badass and fearless.

Sychar came and sat next to me in the garden I was in. It was grandma's favorite.

"Hey, Crim you ready to get your birthday on?" To be honest, I forgot. Sychar was my birthday twin. She was born two years after me.

I gave her a sheepish smile. "Su-re?", I giggled as she frowned at me.

"I can't believe you. Aunt Arden would be so disappointed in you if she were to see you now.", she playfully pointed her finger at me.

Little did she know.

Shrugging her off, I got up and left her in the garden. I wanted to go visit aunt Kyra. She was the only one left of the first generation Vincenzo.

Maybe she will have some insight into what is going on. She herself was not doing too well these days. After all, she is ninety-six. Her body is weak but her mind is sound.

Pity that she never had children of her own. Aunt Kyra always said that she didn't need children of her own because her hands were always full of them. That she considered herself blessed to hold each of us as babies.

That is including the adults who walked around, the second generation.

Before I could enter her room, I heard voices, already inside, with her. Cracking the door open I crawled on the floor, silently closing the door behind me and hiding behind a couch.

Her bedroom was like a freaking mini house. It was huge.

Peeking from behind the furniture, a see-through screen hovered over her. Kisa and Sychar's dads were talking in low voices. When they zoomed the screen a little more, I saw three dead bodies.

My eyes started watering when I made out who were covered in blood.

Uncle Eamon, Aunt Lada, and baby Vova. Oh, Jesus. All of them were dead. They were murdered.

I moved closer making sure that they didn't see me. I needed to hear what they were saying.

"...they aren't the only ones. Two more families are dead. They killed my sister and cousin as well." My uncle Miko says tears in his eyes.

"As soon as Arden dies someone tries to take over. Call a meeting and gather the families together they are not safe, once you hear that their last names are Vitcenzo. Bring them here. Fortify the security and prepare for the war that is gonna come. Because it is coming.", Aunt Kyra says getting off of her bed.

My eyes widen at the situation that occurs in front of me. War? I knew that I was part of the mafia. Judging from the stories I was told, we are a powerful family.

But now that grandma is dead, our family's position is threatened. Grandma always said that the family is not what it use to be. That they have grown soft.

They have forgotten. Grandpa kept order. He brought peace in our world for years until he died. Mafia families across the world feared him so they followed the rules. Especially after they killed Vito on Blood day a.k.a. Revenge day.

"What about the girl's birthday party? Crimson has been so heartbroken since ma died." Uncle Graysin, Sychar's dad asks. He always treated me well.

"I'm not stopping the party. Just be careful.", Aunt Kyra warns. "We shall bury them later." She switches off the screen and wipes her eyes.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Uncle Graysin hurries to the door and opens it. Abram and Vanya walk-in "There is a broken girl by the gates," Vanya says urging them to leave the room.

They leave but aunt Kyra stays behind. As the door closes she sinks onto her knees crying. What she does next shocks me as well as answer all my questions.

"Oh, Arden and Nikolaos help your family. I know you guys can hear me, send Phanes if you have to but please help us," she says crying.

That's when a chill ran down my spine and I knew they were here with us. I kept looking on in disbelief at what I was seeing and hearing.

The spirit realm is real.

From what I know, they can't interfere with the living but they can talk to us in dreams and make their presence felt.

I knew I was not going crazy.

I did not bother talking to aunt Kyra as she unknowingly answered my questions. I had to see the girl who was at our house.

Quietly exiting the room, I made my way to where Kisa and Sychar were.

A bloodied girl sat on one of the chairs in the kitchen and uncle Miko gave her something to eat.

As I locked eyes with her, I immediately felt that something was wrong. Something was telling me to get her to leave the hell out of here. But she looked so broken and fragile.

The voice in my head screamed at me.

"GET HER THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!!" It roared in my head.

So I spoke up "Uncle Miko I don't think it is a great idea to keep the girl here when we don't even know her." I finally commented.

The girl then started to cry as she heard me. Her body shaking as she begged uncle Miko to stay. "Please don't make me go out there. They - they will surely kill me!", she pleaded, grabbing on to Uncle Miko's shirt.

"Ok ok calm down...who is this 'they'?", he questions.

She looks up at him and cries a little more, making me roll my eyes at the action.

"I ran away from them. The people who kidnapped me. I, uh, I don't know their names." She hung her head low. Her black hair covered her face completely.

"Ok, you can stay and . . .Crimson will find you a room here," he says sternly looking at me with a glare.

The voice in my head stops shouting at me and goes quiet.

"Oh, what is your name, dear girl?"

"My name is Rani, Sir."

*****************