🌹SEVEN

Fire Go Burn them!
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Crimson

He wants to marry me.

Almost a hundred years into the future and black people have complete freedom to do as they please. To be who they want to be. They are equal in all human rights and their lives are way better now. In fact, I only know they had a bad life because my grandmother was my teacher.

Gay people are fond of their sexuality. They are also treated as equal. They don't have to worry about others frowning down on them. Transgenders are adored anywhere they go. Hell, one of my uncles was born a female.

Know what has never changed? The way women are treated on the whole and what I was facing now brought that realization. It was staring me square blank in the fucking face. I never was treated badly but he was going to force me into a marriage I had no say in.

Everything flashing before my eyes seemed so unreal to me. After he had spoken those words to Uncle Miko, he pulled out his gun that was tucked in his pocket.

I was not breathing. Maksim pointed the gun at him. He pressed the gun against uncle Miko's forehead. Tears fell down my face silently as I watched the scene play out in front of me, like some damned movie that I could not pause or stop.

Uncle Miko's eyes went to his family who were hugging each other in despair, their faces full of horror and fright as they looked on, helpless. Then he looked at me and his sad expression changed. He stood up from his knees to his full height.

"If you are going to kill me...then I will die on my feet as a Vitcenzo. But heed my words. We live by a code and believe me when I say...We Will Be Avenged!"

With his speech, I stood to my feet. The rest of the family followed. He was right for decades our family reserved a day solely for revenge. Blood Day.

The sound of the shot rang in my ears and my legs gave out from under me. Uncle Miko fell flat on his back the life already drained from his then fierce eyes.

Then the shooting didn't stop. It was coming from all corners of the room. The cries of my family very evident to my ears that they were dying.

I somehow spotted a toddler crying over her mother's body and I crawled to her taking her into my arms. She cried into my chest and I hiccuped back a sob.

They were also killing children. They had no mercy. Innocent children and women. They didn't care. My blood scratched my flesh from the inside out.

When the shooting finally died down, I stood up from the ground. I was standing in a pool of my family's bodies. Blood lined the floor and I shielded the baby that was in my hands from it.

I was way past crying. My body was now in a state between shock and rage.

Kisa and Sychar were hugging their dead father's to them as they cried. I somehow got to Aunt Kyra and she grabbed me to her level, she was bleeding.

"Crimson, be strong and avenge us. You're the granddaughter of Nikolaos and Arden Vitcenzo they will guide you. Look for the--"

BANG!!!!

She was dead. A bullet hole in the center of her head. I looked up to see a man with tattoos tucking his gun back into his waistband. I looked back to aunt Kyra and kissed her cheek. Her words strengthened me.

"ROUND UP THE GIRLS!!!!" Maksim shouted.

It was just the three of us now. Kisa, Sychar and me. I had to ensure that the baby in my arms survives. She was the generation and she just had to live. If it came to sacrificing myself I will.