🌹FIFTY🎲THREE

Sun Stand Still
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Cassius

I felt as though if I ran my hand through my hair one more time the strands would start falling out. The stress was finally getting to me and the weight of Crim's life hung heavily on my shoulders. I felt as though at any minute the straps that I barely was hanging onto were about to snap.

People were too scared to join me in the fight against Maksim. I couldn't blame them for being scared but that's what being a man means. Standing up and fighting even when your scared and depressed. The Mafia world needs its freedom again.

But with everything that has been happening, I was at my wits end. Even though I had a gang, Maksim had some control over us as well. And my gang is too small for us to attack on our own.

My phone ringing snaps me out of thought and I quickly press the answer button. Not before seeing Sachin's name flash across the screen.

"Yeah," I answered.

"Cass," Oh God, please let her be okay. Just by the way his voice sounded, the lost of hope it held, I could tell that something was wrong. Very fucking wrong.

"Sach, please tell me Crim is alright," I begged, slowly rising from my chair. He went silent on the phone, "Please tell me is still fucking alive?"

He sighed and because I know him so well, I knew that with that sigh he was on the verge of silent tears. Tears that I actually only saw once before. The tears that fell when he had to whip Crimson.

"He got to her Cass...she's, she...she's," he started stuttering and my patience begun to wear thin. I could feel the brain in my head ticking as it went in overdrive.

"SHE'S FUCKING WHAT? SACH!!!" I screamed into the phone my temper really flaring up.

"Pregnant Cass, she's pregnant," he whispers through the phone dejected and pained.

"I'mma talk to you later." I hang up the phone before he could say anything else.

In the heat of disparity and rage, I threw everything off my office table. Papers and files rained all around me. My laptop lay broken on the floor.

I felt as though I was sinking in quick sand and there was no one to help pull me out. My legs buckled under me and before I knew it, I joined my laptop on the floor, sobbing my eyes out.

"Cassi," looking up from my knees, stood Kisa. I didn't even hear her come in. Her eyes glanced around the office and her face mocked one of guilt.

Over time I realized that what was happening wasn't her fault. At first I did blame her for what is happening to Crimson. After all the murder of Misha at her hands triggered it. However, she would have been dead if she didn't kill him.

She walks further into the room and stoops down in front of me. Kisa removes the fallen strands from my face as she leans in further and kisses me.

We haven't kissed since that night. The night that she arrived here. I loved her. But I couldn't bring myself to show her any affection. As for right now I needed comfort and for some unknown reason, she radiated of it.

The warmth of her body engulfed me and I relaxed in her embrace. Stretching out my feet in front of me, I pulled her in my lap.

"I'm so sorry Cassi," Kisa whispers as her small fingers played with my hair.

Raising my head from her chest I looked at her. She had droplets of tears falling from her eyes and my first instinct was to wipe them away. With the edge of my thumb I did.

"I forgive you." I rasp as I looked into her brown eyes. They glassed over even more and this time I brought my lips to hers. I held her face in my hand, gently caressing the smooth skin there.

In Vitcenzo history, women were warriors as well. My gang stood out for that. The women that became one of us were skilled fighters. I made it a law under gang life that they were trained just as much as the men.

Kisa came from the lineage of women assassins. She proved her worth by killing Misha and now it was time to crown her with her heritage. After all she was a Vitcenzo woman.

"I want you to become part of this gang." I tell her breaking the kiss. Shock filled her eyes and she slowly nodded. "I never praised you for your bravery. You killed your enemy and that is the first step of your initiation."

"It will be my honor." she smiled kissing me again.

👑
👑

Tough Cloud walks into the bar with his usual stern face. He pulls up a stool next to me and orders a drink for himself.

"Boss." he grunts and I smirk at him. Fully looking at him, he seemed somewhat... Off.

"TC... Productive day, how's that asshole doing?" it was his day to be security for Maksim's bar. He hated it but it was a good way to spy on the prick.

"A man with a death wish showed how weak Maksim actually is. Fortunately, he got away except Maksim blew his girl brains out before he could get her, her freedom. Thing is... The guy was so weird and when he talked the entire room stood still. It's like you had no choice but to fucking listen. " TC said shaking his head and taking a swig of his beer.

" He had Maksim shitting his pants for a hot minute."he laughed as me looked at me.

Fully processing his words, my eyes widen. Maybe this mystery guy on a suicide mission, could help me. He wasn't afraid of Maksim. And if he stood up to Maksim in public, then maybe people's eyes would open.

They will realize that Maksim is just a coward man hiding behind a gruesome reputation. This guy could possibly be the answers to my prayers.

"What was his name?" I asked, watching Tough Cloud, my tone low and serious. This clicked TC to attention and his eyes opened a little wider, his eyebrows raising to his eyebrows.

"His name is Rogue. Maksim put a bounty on his head." he mumbled the last part. But I just pat his back.

"Get up, we got work to do. We have to find Rogue before anyone else does." I instruct him, jumping off the stool I was sitting on and headed for the front door.

As I open the door, I came face to face with a man. He stood tall with black hair. I could see his tattoos peeking out from under his jacket and for some reason I gulped.

Hearing a gasp behind me, I turned my head a bit to see TC frozen in the spot he stood. His eyes looked on the guy in front of the door.

"Hi, Cassius." He smirked a bit and I felt the palm of my hands start to sweat. The scent of danger and malice rolled off of him and my heart sped up inside of my chest.

What the hell?

The noise that was just filling the room fell dead silent. Everyone and everything stopped moving. It was like the earth stood still. Then Tough Cloud's words from earlier came to mind.

Fuck...

This is Rogue.

*****************

Finally, fuck... I have been waiting so long for them to meet.