🌹FORTY🎭SEVEN

Unfortunate Forgiving
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Sachin

I thought staying away would protect her but with the turn of events, nothing could protect her from Maksim. I had two choices and this is the moment where I think I chose wrong.

My first choice, I could have left Kisa in the mess that she put herself in. However, by the look of the room, Misha would have killed her. If she stayed after killing him, Maksim would have taken revenge in the most brutal way he knew. But Crimson would have been safe.

The second choice, the one I chose, was to save Kisa and take her to the only place that I knew was safe. I didn't think that Crimson would suffer because she clearly wasn't responsible for the death of Misha.

I was very wrong.

This mafia family that I was born into could be very irrational. They didn't care who was responsible they just wanted vengeance. Rani is mostly to blame for this unfortunate situation. She hated Crimson and I still don't know why.

These are the thoughts that plague my mind when the door to my room opens. "It's time Judas, this is the whip Maksim has chosen to be used on Crimson. " Ruslan tells me handing me a whip with leather straps and knots tied at the end of it. "It could be worse." he says looking down at the whip. "I thought it would have nails or something sharp at the end of it."

He was right. Maksim has no mercy left in him to give. I guess he just really wants to punish her and not kill her. But all thoughts of him having mercy is thrown out the window when I lay eyes on my Crim.

Ruslan and I enter the occasion hall and the whole family is there. "Ah! Brother, you made it." Rani says bouncing off of her chair. She comes up to me and puts her hand around my waist. "Come, everyone, the Heresy awaits us!" she says smiling up at me. Maksim simply gets out of his chair and we all follow him into the church he built here.

My feet falter in their steps at the entrance of the church. "What's wrong brother?" Rani grins up at me. I quickly collect my composure and pull my lips into a weak smile. "Nothing. " I reply. She taps my back and laughs "Good!".

Crimson is cuffed to two poles. Her arms and legs pull widely apart. Worst of all, her nakedness is on full display for all to see. Her body still black and blue from the beating Rani gave her two days ago. Her head is hanging low and I fight back the lump that is gradually growing in my throat.

" My wife is accused of keeping herself from getting pregnant." is all Maksim says before he goes to stand in front of her. I can't see her face because her back is facing those in the audience.

"This is against the law. For no woman should stop the reproduction of any child. It is a sin against god and man. She is to be punished with thirty lashes as chosen by her husband." the Heresy states gesturing towards Crim.

"Now let's proceed...Sachin." The heresy along with everyone takes their seats. Except for Maksim and I. He remains standing in front of her. I harden my face as to not show any emotion.

I have to put on a show or they will question my loyalty towards Maksim. I pace a few times slowly behind her as though I'm stalking prey. Tightening my grip on the whip I breathe in deeply to clear my head. My heart wants to leap out of my chest with the pain I'm about to bestow upon Crim. My chest hurts with how hard my heart is beating.

"I want blood." Maksim commands and I give him a curt nod.

With the first lash, Crimson yells out. Her body came alive and her head snapped up with alertness. I bite the inside of my cheek as I make eye contact with Maksim. He gags her with a cloth and I raise the whip striking her again across the back.