🌹THIRTY 🌳FIVE

Best I Go
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Riya

Just a few months ago I was preparing Crimson for her wedding day. Calming her and comforting with the impending doom that awaited her in the arms of Maksim Sokolov.

But now my own demise is ascending. It was very foolish of me to think that I could actually be safe from that damn ritual and the disaster that came with marrying into this God forsaken family.

And Crimson is at my back buttoning up the last few buttons of my forced wedding dress. It is indeed beautiful but it was forced upon me. My heart felt like it was being cut into pieces, just floating in my chest.

The air around the room with just us two is extremely mournful and full of unspeakable sorrow. Crim gives me a weak smile and steps in front of me. She hugs me and plants a gentle kiss to my cheek.

She levels me with a easy stare, looking me dead in the eye. Her big blue eyes wide with seriousness; "You know the men in this family are vultures. They fly around weak prey and pounce without warning or remorse. Don't cry. If you want to cry, do it now or else hold it in. " She holds my hand, bringing it to her chest.

I remember I cried for her fate when she had to marry that monster. Now her eyes are filled with tears for mine.

"You are my people Riya. You may not have been born a Vitcenzo but you are one of us. We are the ones that raise up from the ashes of pain and heartache. And as women, together we have to keep our senses and our wits. It's the only ball we have in our court. To have both, we have to be strong, without weakness."

I feel a tear slip from one of my eyes and one escaped from her own eyes. I slowly nod at her, taking in a deep breath I try to relax my stiff muscles.

"What if I'm not strong enough?" my question is barely a whisper but she still hears me. Crimson frowns at me.

"Riya, you are a brave and strong girl. You know how to live among monsters in the form of men. You have been doing it for a year now babe, taught me everything I know. "

I give a small laugh at this, but soon that laugh turns into a cry. My feet collapsing under me. Crim catches me and we both end up on the floor. The very same position we were in when it was her turn.

After a few minutes of me just letting out my tears, a knock sounds at the door. " Queen, Riya they are ready for you both. " Kirill's voice is on the opposite of the door.

"Okay, we will be right there!" she says back to him and we slowly get up from the floor. "I will see you outside." She nods her head at me and I nod my head back at her. Then she leaves me by myself.

I walk back in front of my mirror and instead of seeing what Crimson says she sees in me, I see a scared girl who has had enough of the bullshit that life handed her.

Taking a seat, I open a near water bottle. Before I knew what I was doing, I crack open the pills that are sitting in front of me. It mocks me to consume the entire bottle, falling in a deep sleep that I never want to wake up from.

For it is Best I Go than stay here stuck in a continuous loop of self-pity, shame, and pain. With that, I empty the bottle of pills in my mouth and down it with water.

I lay down on my bed and smile as I close my eyes.

👑
👑
👑

Crimson

I bounce Auden on my lap as I quietly play with her. Maksim kisses her on her cheek and she gives him a huge bright smile. He soon takes her and a hand slips into mine.

"Do you think she is gonna be alright?" Kisa asks leaning towards me whispering.

"Maybe, I have hope." I tell her cheerfully, but honestly deep down I fear for her. Riya is a survivor, however, I know that she is not much of a fighter. But she wasn't weak either.

Ten minutes pass with no sign of Riya. I get up from my chair that is located to the front of the place. Sachin sees my worried expression and follows me.

I knock on the door a couple of times without any response on the other side. Sachin looks at me for permission to kick in the door and I grant it. He kicks the door open and I run inside as I Riya on the bed motionless.

"Oh God, Riya!" I yell at her, smacking her face lightly.

"Take off the dress, if Sim finds out about this he will kill her." he says stripping off his suit jacket and shirt, disappearing into the bathroom. I do as told. And soon I hear the water running and an almost naked Sachin comes back out.

He lifts up Riya bridal style and carries her into the bathroom. I lock the bedroom door and follow him into the bathroom. He brings her in the shower with him and shakes her. I stuff my fingers down her throat for her to throw up whatever she took.

Sachin slaps her face continuously and I keep my fingers down her throat. I feel her throat contract and I pull out my fingers as she doubles over and vomits out a set of white stuff.

"Fuck, Riya you overdosed on those meds didn't you?" Sachin states although it came out in as a question.

The door to the bedroom bangs repeatedly and I hustle to it. Opening it with a smile. Russian stands in front of me; " Where is Riya? she is late. "

"Come on, you know the tradition of the bride is to come in late... it's for dramatic effect. Just make sure everyone is seated and we will be down in a minute." I say giggling and happy as pappy at him. He buys my excuse and huffs, walking away.

I close the door with a sigh of relief.

Riya is in a crying mess again while Sachin is putting her back into her dress. "What The Actual FUCK! Riya?!" I scream at her. She needs to be snapped out of this mess.

I walk up to her and slap her across her face. It stuns her for a minute and all the tears stop, "Suck it the fuck up and walk down that aisle like it is a fucking runway. If you have not noticed, what one person does affects us all. You don't see me trying to kill myself, do you? And I have the worst out of all of them. Save your crying for the ritual." I know I am taking my anger out on her but she needed to wake the fuck up.

Tell her that Kolya is not like them. He pretends to be bad but internally he is not as horrible as the rest. He has a family that Maksim does not know about. Kolya secretly takes care of them. He will treat her well, especially in private.

The voice tells me and I calm right down, a simple smile replaces my deep frown. I kneel in front of her and take her hands in mine; " I'm sorry but you don't know Kolya. Give him a chance and he will prove himself to you. Trust me on this Riya, " she nods her head in understanding.

"I trust you." she whispers with silent tears in her eyes. She stands back up and turns around for me to button up the back of the dress.

A dressed Sachin returns from the bathroom; "I will see you both down there." he says winking at me before he leaves.

I quickly do her makeup and put her hair in a quick neat bun. And we both leave the room hand in hand.

I hustle back to my place next to Maksim and stand when they announce that the bride is coming in. I stand up turning towards the direction of which she is coming in. I lift Auden up onto my waist and smile encouragingly at Riya.

But that smile leaves my face the second I spot those deep brown eyes staring back at my blue ones.

*********************