🌹NINETEEN

Just Maybe
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Maksim

I love the medieval times. Back then, the people were savage and brutal. Ruthless at its best. Cruelty and bloodshed was the life they lived. My mansion even looked like a castle you would have found back then.

The men that I killed at my wedding, their bodies were strung up on the outside of my estate. Whoever came around here trembled in their knee-high boots.

I want to be unforgettable just like Vlad Dracula. He was the man horror movies were born out of. Children of the night, vampires, night crawls, devils of the night were all created because of this particular horrific ruler.

He was known as Vlad, the Impaler. He murdered thousands of people for his mere entertainment. He did not tolerate indignance towards him.

I will purge the mafia world of those who try to stand against me. All those who confide in secret rooms and plot to take me out, I will exterminate them from off the surface of God's green earth.

"Kolya, summon Judas."

Judas was a man of many talents and he was very unknown to the underworld. He belonged to some Russian gang but he did my bidding. And I even had the gang at my beck and call.

Judas strides into the room like he owns the place and I arch an eyebrow at him. His eyes glance over at Crimson who is by my side and I clench my jaw, hard.

"Oh, King, how may I serve thee?" He bows and his sarcastic tone makes me antsy in my chair.

"I have been itching to use this." I rise the spiked whip in my hand, playing with it a bit. Judas will never fear me, I know that, but I have to make sure that he obeys me. Sure he is loyal but he can be a stubborn mule. "So fix, THE. FUCKING. ATTITUDE!!!"

Crimson stills in her chair and I smile. God, I love her fear. The fear of the innocence smells good. Their blood is the best. Their eyes are the best. Always wide with terror.

"Its time for a cleansing. I want you to go under. Blend in and report back to me. The weak families will be killed off. The mafia world has to be strong and right now its a joke. We used to be feared." I say. Ruslan hands him a folder of those I want to be spied on.

First, we separate and then I will see who can be trusted and who cannot be.

After he leaves, I grab Crimson's hand. Her eyes widen but she doesn't pull away; "I know my history, your grandfather united the families. He kept them strong and when he died, it went to shit. Your precious grandmother couldn't do it at her age. The reason your family is dead is that they were a weak power line," I tell her.

I let her go and she swallows her emotions. Three weeks with me and she knew not to cry in my presence. It was the reason why my brothers kept their wives out of my sight. I wanted to be the one that caused their tears. And Crimson was mine when she cried, I never wanted them to stop.

"I pray that you never get old. God forbid that you yourself get weak and die, leaving your family open to the exposure, that is this life." She whispers with her head facing forward.

I look at her and smirk. Finally, she speaks her mind. I turn her head to me and kiss her gently on the lips. Crimson seemed stunned for a minute. I grip her hair and she kisses me back.

Pulling her hair to where her neck is at an uncomfortable angle, I growl; "When I kiss you, you better fucking kiss me back," letting her hair go, she nods and bows her head.

"Words, baby." I whisper.

"Yes, Maksim,"

Auden comes running full speed ahead into the lounge area and jumps straight into my open arms. She kisses me on the cheek and giggles when I give her one on her forehead.

"How was school, Addie?" I ask with a genuine smile at the cute little girl on my lap.

I enrolled her in a private school. And so far, all has gone well. Auden always has a bodyguard near her. She is like a daughter to me. She is my daughter.

"It twas awesum!" She says in excitement. She stretches her little arms to Crimson who smiles wide at her. She takes Auden and bounces her in her lap.

"Crims, you have a boo-boo," she pokes Crimson's black eye and kisses it, "Don't wor-rr-eeh, it will get better."

I glare at Crimson for not hiding it better. Crimson thanks Auden for the kiss and lets her down.

"Go find Riya, she will give you some food." Crimson says and the girl goes running off again.

When Auden is out of sight I order all my men out of the room. After they all disappear, I get up and properly inspect her face.

"Your face will not be harmed again. It is your beauty and I can't be married to a beast." She nods her head and drops it so that her hair covers her face.

"Tell you what, I was just being harsh to you because you were the enemies' daughter. However, I believe in keeping my vows. I will be a good husband by no longer laying a hand on you for no reason. I will no longer touch your face. Disobey me again and I will whip you across your back with my belt."

"I understand."

******************