🔥CHAPTER SIXTY⚔ONE🔥

A Forgotten Name; A Forgotten Way Part 1
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Cassius******

The ride from the Sorovsky estate was intense. Nikolaus, my grand-father was pissed. How could these fuckers not have the balls to stand up to Maksim. The ways of the Mafia have clearly been disregarded and dragged through the dirt.

These Russian asshats claim to be Mafia, yet they abandoned the very essence of what it meant. Nikolaus was on a mission to set things straight. A mission that would then change the very way of life for these families; but they did not know it yet.

"We are heading to the Bobrov estate. They do not agree with the Sokolov but they may not stand with us against them." My words seemed to barely touch Niko's ears. An almost inaudible grunt was his only response. Shifting down into third gear, you could hear the vicious screech of the super engine as the car made a sharp u-turn onto the Bobrov Estate driveway. Four men brandishing semi-automatic guns met us at the gate. The men checked our car and came to Niko's window. Before I could speak, Niko's hand shut up, index finger vertical. It was not my time to speak.

"Respect is Earned. Honesty is Appreciated. Trust is Gained. Loyalty is Returned." The words slid smoothly out of Niko's mouth. I had only heard that saying once in my life. An old saying that the Founding Fathers used. A code, lost in the Mafia world now. To my suprise, they let us in, even though they didn't know us.

Nikolaos******

Two men escorted us to a huge room. We could hear festivities in the Banquet Hall from there. We came at a really bad time but the gravity of what we had to discuss far outweighed celebration. This was a time of War. We waited for Alexxie Bobrov, the Don of the Bobrov family to meet with us. Convince him and his entire army will follow.

Cassius****

Six men stood, one in each corner of the room and two at the double door. Niko's extremely calm countenance should have put me at ease but the second we were deemed unwelcome would not bode well for us two against six in the first instance.

The double door opened wide, and Alexxie entered and sat at his desk before us. Behind him were two nine foot paintings. One of his father. And the other of his grandfather, who Niko knew well. Stories of past Mafia dealings and escapades, even of other families were told to the young ones growing on the estate. This was done as honour and to keep the Mafia way from blemish by passing down the values of all families.

I hoped that Alexxie would know about the Vitcenzo and how strong they were. Perhaps we can convince him to side with us.
With a lazy signal of his hand, he allowed us to sit. "This better be good. Make it quick, I have feast outside." Alexxie said, his impatience felt strongly through his words.

His gaze held a stare at Nikolaos while I spoke. "We have come to ask for your help Don Bobrov. We are going to war with the Sokolov Mafia family, we want you to fight with us. Let us show those fucking assholes what it truly means to be Mafia!" Without removing his stare from Niko, Alexxie replied; "I know of Cassius but I do not know you. What shithole did you crawl out of and come into my home?! Cassius, you bring a cugine into MY house and ask me to fight with you?! Against the Sokolov?!" His laughter made it clear of his rejection of our proposal. He signaled for us to be escorted out the gates. Then, Niko rose from his seat, with a slow ascension that showed no fear, he spoke, captivating the room.

"Let me make this situation clear. We did not come to ask for your help. We are going to cleanse this earth of the fucking, bitch ass pussies who led everyone astray and have dragged the Mafia way through the fucking mud! Either you are with us, or you die." As Niko spoke those words, his eyes became bloodshot and the veins in his neck visibly attached themselves to his pale skin. His hands planted firmly on Bobrov's desk and his stanced bent slightly to come face to face with Alexxie. Alexxie's guards hands were already in their jackets and their fingers already on their triggers, ready to fire in a moment's notice. Alexxie seemed to stand his ground but his eyes visibly twitched in fear. His feet didn't move, not out of bravery, but he was paralysed with fear.

Nikolaos****

Time cannot be wasted. We had four families to visit after the Bobrov family. Cassius meant well, but to get through to a Mafia Don, you have to be direct and firm. They sense uncertainty like sharks smelling a drop of blood a mile away and they take this uncertainty to their every advantage. He was unsure the Bobrov family will fight alongside us but somehow, I knew we would have all the men we needed to win. Michael and His Father wills it, and I am here to carry out this will.

Alexxie****

Who the fuck does this cugine think he is?! Ohhhh, the sufferings I will put him through when my feast is over.

"Who is this man you brought with you Cassius?" Alexxie was never a man to allow anyone to speak to him harshly or correct him. Yet, Niko stood face to face with him in his own office.

"Ask him yourself Don Bobrov." Cass nonchalantly replied with a smirk while pouring himself a drink. Cassius' answer seemed to further unsettle Alexxie. As though he was supposed to know who this man standing just mere inches away from his face was. With great hesitation, Alexxie stammered; "Wh-who are you?"

Releasing his grip from my desk, he spoke once more: "I am a man misplaced from his generation. A man who has made mistakes and never regretted them yet accomplished more than any of you would in two lifetimes. A true Mafia Don, the last real Mafia Don. I am Nikolaos Vitzenco. A name everyone once knew but was forced to forget. A name tied to the Mafia way that nobody wants remember. I am here to set things right."
Those who are in the room are perplexed. Isn't Nikolaus Vitcenzo supposed to be long dead? This can't be him.

Cassius****

The tension in the room couldn't be higher. Things were about to go south, I could feel it. We need to get out of here and quickly. Alexxie turned to face me. "What the fuck is this? He is a madman! And you are a fucking traitor!" Alexxie winked at me and there was a flash of light. The explosion sudden and loud.

My right ear ringing from the noise. Feeling my body for a wound, there is none. Turning to Niko, he stood firmly, but the truth was evident. He was shot in the chest. I spun around to face Alexxie, he removed his hand from his jacket where he concealed his gun. A smug grin on his face.

Niko smiled at me, then let out a wild cackle that gave everyone in the room chills. Turning to Alexxie, he spoke: "Your balls finally dropped kid. Shame they still aint big." Downing the last bit of his wine, he stuck a middle finger to Alexxie,"Fuc-"

Alexxie along with his men emptied their clips into Niko.

My grandfather, riddled with bullets, lay motionless on the floor. There was no blood, but I knew he was dead. My arms dropped to my side, as my fate was also sealed. They woukd torture me first, then kill me. The war we were to fight, was already lost.

*****************

My boyfriend wrote it. I'm so proud. I finally got myself a writing partner. My dream is complete. I have a team. Brooks does pictures for my books. The BF started out just editing but it has finally come to this.