🌹TWELVE

Bounded Tears & Numb Feelings
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Crimson

When I finally awoke, it was pitch-black outside. We slept all day, our bodies shutting down on us. I tried to stay up to watch over Kisa, Auden, and Sy while they slept but turns out I fell asleep too.

Kisa and Sychar are both hugging Auden in between them and for a short second, I smile at the sight. They look adorable together huddled up in the bed.

I go to the window and look up at the sky. I look down at the doors leading to a balcony. I push the door open a little outside to look fully at the starless night sky.

At this moment I felt all alone in the world. Just yesterday I was celebrating my birthday. Everyone was so happy as they partied with me. Now their eyes were closed in death.

I pull out the pretty band that held up my hair. It was a gift from my uncle, I remember slipping it on before I fell asleep. Now it was the only thing that I had from home.

Going back inside, I hide the band in a drawer for safe keeping. It was the one thing I had that they didn't take from me.

My stomach grumbled with hunger and I sighed. I had not eaten anything from since yesterday and I know that the girls would be too. I crawled back into a separate bed and pull my knees to my chest.

The door handle silently juggled and I stared at it with terror. I instantly got up and went to my friends in the next bed. The door opened revealing Maksim in slacks and a jersey. He looked just as tired as I felt.

"You must want food and a bath. Come."

He spoke and I ignore him keeping my knees to my chest.

"Crimson..." I watch him as he looks frustrated with the situation, "Come on, you and your friends need to at least eat. Auden needs to eat," I stare at him as he says her name. Her real name.

He keeps standing at the door as to not scare me. I know why he said her real name. He was trying to appeal to my nature of protecting and caring for the toddler.

I slowly nod my head at him and get off the bed. Kisa catches my hand in her sleep mumbling for me not to leave her. I kiss her and promise that I will never leave her. She finally let my hand go when I kiss her cheek and tell her to go back to sleep.

 She finally let my hand go when I kiss her cheek and tell her to go back to sleep

He leads me outside of the room. I then really looked at the man that I was to be thrown into marriage with. Maybe I was a pawn in whatever angle he was in.

"This is your home now so you can walk around. I promise once you behave and follow the rules we won't have a problem. But that is for tomorrow," he says as he looks at me. I stare blankly at him as we enter the kitchen.